About authorization of Toontrack products in Product Manager

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Olof
    BEST ANSWER

Yes, click “Unauthorize” and then “Authorize This Computer.”

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: Robin Gardner
    Robin Gardner
    Participant

I actually figured it out for myself by just trying that, lol!

Thanks for your help, I noticed your reply today.

Kind regards from Robin Gardner

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

Actually I don’t understand the 2 active vs 4 total authorizations of any of this. I need exactly three installs going on and it is unknown if and when I am authorizing people who work for me to use it on the station at my one location at home and if and when how many active users are using in my other studio I am setting up.  Can I please get a third active install? I need the third badly. Please be reasonable. Especially when we are actually buying your software whereas others are using illegitimate copies.  I have seen it often.

Can this company be a bit more reasonable about active concurrent installs? 2 is not reasonably enough. 3 would be fair. And 4 would be ideal.   Perhaps if there is at least three I may even ‘inform’ where I have seen illegitimate ones around aside from the main ones people know about.

Even iK multimedia allows up to 10 installs. That’s so good, people just mostly buy theirs as the prices are worth just owning it.

An example of a company that nobody buys  software from anymore is waves. That’s because they only allow one install and not to mention the waveshell garbage they install to clog up your machine. What a nonsense company that is. I have to put that waveshell nonsense on my computer just to use one damn waverider plugin that works ok.

So in addition to please stretching this to a third install, can TT just make your own vocal rider plugin so I don’t have to use the waves one? I absolutely can’t stand that company not to mention the crusty sound on analog modeled plugins, and the cheap pumping nonsense on some of their in-house made compressors plug-ins.  It’s no wonder basically most people are using whatever the hell copies they find of that.  Especially because of that waveshell junk.

Its all about what a company puts out which determines the energy they get back from the community. And the waves revenues certainly show it with their losses.

3 installs are not unreasonable and allow for two locations plus a backup machine as the ones concurrently active is key. More than reasonable and a no-brainer.

Scott

The Toontrack license is a single user license. One user, 2 active authorizations at one time. 4 total that can be changed by the user for machine changes. The authorization system automatically deletes the oldest inactive authorizations over time so some users won’t run out of authorizations but if that happens, users can contact Toontrack Support and we can free up authorization slots.

If you need more than the 2 concurrent authorizations you would need to purchase more licenses.

BTW, IK Multimedia has a similar single user EULA that allows for 3 concurrent authorizations provided that they aren’t used simultaneously.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

For sure.

3 installs concurrent use is what i believe is a fair number and is about the average across the board in the industry.  And it is so for good reasons… and one reason is probably because that is what analytics show is most efficient for revenue returns for these companies.

Could you please put in a request for them t stretch this to 3?  This is not an unreasonable request.

Scott

User requests are best added here:

https://www.toontrack.com/forums/forum/customer-service/requests-and-feedback/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

i can;’t my requests get marked as spam. and these are so important

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.