Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

A way to edit an existing groove track back from the DAW

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Scott

@DickDixon said:

@Damian Blunt said:

EZdrummer 2 does support dragging MIDI files from the DAW however only certain DAW’s allow this behaviour.

Hi, so is dragging my MIDI groves form the DAW into the Toontrack’s “MY MIDIFILES” folder allowed with Cubase? Or do I have to export them and manually place them into the “MY MIDIFILES” folder? This is a very important feature; it would save a lot of time. I am sad that you will not allow the user to mix drum kits, but even more sad that the user can not use their own samples.

What version of Cubase are you using?

And yes, you can mix and match kit pieces from different EZX kits in EZD 2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dick Dixon
    Participant

@Scott said:

@DickDixon said:

@Damian Blunt said:

EZdrummer 2 does support dragging MIDI files from the DAW however only certain DAW’s allow this behaviour.

Hi, so is dragging my MIDI groves form the DAW into the Toontrack’s “MY MIDIFILES” folder allowed with Cubase? Or do I have to export them and manually place them into the “MY MIDIFILES” folder? This is a very important feature; it would save a lot of time. I am sad that you will not allow the user to mix drum kits, but even more sad that the user can not use their own samples.

What version of Cubase are you using?

And yes, you can mix and match kit pieces from different EZX kits in EZD 2.

I am using Version 5, but I have all versions even the latest. Yes, sorry, I noticed the dropdown arrows on the kit view just after I wrote that comment. Thank you for correcting my mistake.

jspangler1
    Participant

Hi
    Just had this same problem. Im using Studio One professional and EZ Drummer2. I had a groove that I liked, but it was just one part, and I wanted to use the song creator function in EZD to work on it. I couldn’t figure out how to get the midi back IN to EZD from the DAW, until I read someone’s suggestion about exporting it to the desktop and then dragging it back into EZD. Worked GREAT. Was able to drag it into the MIDI Drop Zone and not only match up the beat perfectly (100%), but use the song creation tool to expand on the idea.
    Neat trick!!

John

John

You can also record the MIDI from your DAW directly to the Song Track, then Edit Play Style.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

saxopiano
    Participant

Along the same lines (I think) as the Question Owner, I’m a Jazz musician and compose melody first. Is it possible to record my playing a few bars of melody/chords on piano (enough to describe the groove of the composition) in a DAW and import said playing into the Tap 2 Find function? If so, kindly describe the steps to do this sequentially. Thanks….

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.