Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

6 Years of iOS & You’re Still Using Outdated Flash

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jay Coover
    Participant

Your bias has not slipped under anyone’s radar.

From a PC user’s perspective, Quicktime acts much like a virus. Just try and make it not take over all the media playback when you install it. Then try to give them back after you uninstall it. I go to great lengths never to have Quicktime on any of my computers, and religiously avoid any application that requires it.

I also love it when one Apple application gets installed on a PC and every time an update is pushed out, you have to opt out of all the other Apple crapware. More malware-like behavior.

Both of my non-Apple smartphones play Flash just fine.

I’m sure my bias has not gone unnoticed as well.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

soundsgood
    Participant

Uh, there was no attempt, whatsoever, to slip anything under radar. Perhaps you’re unfamiliar with the term “iOS,” which pertains to Apple devices. That was stated openly, which means I use Apple devices. I wasn’t even remotely attempting to hide that, so your claim is both moot and ridiculous.

QuickTime is only one of many, modern, universal formats. Did I not also mention MPEG? (Answer: Yes, I did.) These were presented merely as examples. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of an example, it’s simply a suggestion, an option — one of several, possible choices.

My main point stands: While other developers have prioritized and figured out ways to make their content available on multiple types of mobile devices, Toontrack has not.

No one is suggesting necessarily changing anything for YOU. (Apparently you’re unaware that web sites can be something called “browser-aware,” which allows them to send appropriately formatted content to the device making the request. That’s the type of solution some developers have employed.

Finally, it’s universally known that while non-Apple devices play Flash “just fine,” they do so at the expense of battery life (among other drawbacks). Apple asked Adobe to develop a more efficient version of Flash for mobile devices. At first Adobe scoffed at the request. Years later, Adobe attempted to develop and deliver a more efficient version of Flash — but eventually gave up. This is all documented all over the web.

Think and say whatever you want, but Flash is dying. (Some say “dead.”) There are over 100,000,000 iOS devices in the wild, and when companies like Toontrack refuse to make their web sites compatible with multiple devices (without excluding devices like yours), they are eliminating a HUGE swath of potential users. Toontrack’s competitors seem to “get” this. Toontrack, so far, does not.

Thanks for your well-thought-out reply.

Jay Coover
    Participant

Thanks for explaining all that.

I had no idea any of that was possible. It completely nullifies everything I said.

Toontrack demo videos do need to play on your iThingy.

Carry on.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.