One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

3rd Party midi libraries appear in browser, but NOT search

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • David Levy
    Participant

@lordgregadeath said:

I think the groove supplier needs to work with toontrack with their installers to install their grooves with the appropriate files config to make it available in the tap to find feature. Or if toontrack is worried about losing some income from having to buy their grooves then they should make this a buy able upgrade to have this feature especially for your own created grooves. in the end if youre purchasing grooves from PS or GM then they should have them available in the installer for tap to find

I dont think 3rd party manufactures need to go back in history (or in the future) to give useless tags to their libraries because errr …, “tags are pointless” .

I also protest at the thought of “paying extra” to allow EZD2 to read 3rd Party libraries ( as they should ) …, because I already own all their midi libraries , so there is no more money to milk from me for their libraries ….,

…, also another reason is , as soon as Superior 3 is released , I will never be using EZD2 ever again . so dread the thought of spending any “more ” money on it . I always had SD 2 , and I (as with many others SD2 users) only bought EZD2 “strictly to take advantage of the search features”
    ( which as it turns out have been severely and deliberately crippled by TT at the expense of the end user Cry )

I really do hope TT are listening to their users and give us what we all want Confused

David Levy
    Participant
    Erik Phersson

It took some time but finally we have a solution for this: https://www.toontrack.com/forum/forum-announcements/ezdrummer-2-1-0-now-available/

Let us know what you think!

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

ian nickus
    Participant

so cool. Tap2find is really great now in the new update. This thread is an example of why toontrack is the drum software company all my other drum sounds have to layer onto – you are one of the few companies that really seem to understand (and listen to) HOW people use software.

now we just need an amazing new version of superior drummer, that has this tap 2 find thing, but this will hold me over for handling my midi loops. Thanks

p.s. it would be awesome if i could get more results from tap to find, by setting the threshold lower than %80 matching. I like to tap2find and then maybe i find something that is not really matching so much but leads to me to a better midi loop via tap2find. I know there would be too many results if it went too low (1% would have to give every midi loop in the library as a result probably, but maybe it could be adjusted in preferences down to %60, %50??
    EDIT – i guess i actually don’t understand why i get only down to around 80% match results, but then i can click on library names and add more results that are only slightly matching (far below %50). Can someone explain exactly how that works, because it seems like my suggestion about % match threshold is unnecessary?

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for your ideas! We will look at this and see if there’s something we can do about it :) Regarding your question – the limit is not 80% – it’s often the top results are from 80% and up, but as you said, as you filter the results get lower %. The limit is actually a fixed number of results that will be shown (due to technical reasons). But as I said – we’ll look into it!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

norbert nolin
    Participant

Can’t thank ToonTrack enough for this! Just installed update without a hitch on OSX and instantly located all custom midis.

David Levy
    Participant

Wow …, a big thank you to all you guys at Toontrack for this added improvement with this latest update , great to see you guys are listening to your users and acting …., well done 😎

ian nickus
    Participant

@Henrik said:

Thanks for your ideas! We will look at this and see if there’s something we can do about it :) Regarding your question – the limit is not 80% – it’s often the top results are from 80% and up, but as you said, as you filter the results get lower %. The limit is actually a fixed number of results that will be shown (due to technical reasons). But as I said – we’ll look into it!

cool.
    I am still a little confused as to which files exactly will show up – it seems like i can take the percentage way down and get low % matches by selecting specific folders to match to. I will highlight a certain folder and then it will match even down at %40 or whatever is closest in that particular folder.

Also wondering if kick and snare seem to be more important in terms of finding matches. It would be great to eventually be able to designate priority in matching, like a “focus” that allows you to select the toms, or toms and snare, for example. That would give better control over the search.

Hopefully TT will keep developing this concept of tap2find, because it is a game changer.

Henrik
    Participant

Yes, the more precise you are in your search (by selecting more filters, like certain libraries), the lower the matching % on the found files will be. This is logical, since the tap2find algorithm in that scenario has fewer files to search amongst.

You are correct in your statement that kick and snare are more important than other instruments on the drum kit. If you want to find something where it’s important that, for example, the hi-hat plays a certain style – just tap in the hi-hat and the files will be sorted according to that. Since you can copy that hi-hat grove and paste on any kick/snare pattern on the song track we figured that this is a pretty flexible (and still easy to use) solution. You can also use filters to further narrow down your search, for example – select the Straight filter, and all other types of MIDI files won’t be shown.

But as all other feature requests you guys have – we will note your request to manually enter which instruments that should be marked as more important in the search Smile

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.