3 Metal tunes

User demos
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Christian Derdul
    Participant

I listened to the first song and did enjoy it. Everything sounds nice and clear. I’m really digging that guitar tone, Great job.

Mac Pro 4.1, 2.26 GHz 8 Core, 28 GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Logic Pro 10.2.0, Apogee Duet

hammy21086
    Participant

The tone is pretty much my 5150 send jack to the interface and then I add impulses. It works great!

Christian Derdul
    Participant

A real 5150 head, it sounds really good.

Mac Pro 4.1, 2.26 GHz 8 Core, 28 GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Logic Pro 10.2.0, Apogee Duet

hammy21086
    Participant

Now, willing to record vocals over it? I have a newer better mix. Screaming and singing?

Christian Derdul
    Participant

I guarantee you would sound better than anything coming from these vocal chords! Singings not my thing, anyway what impulses did you use?

hammy21086
    Participant

I use GuitarHack’s impulses. Two hard left and right. I try to get one that has more mid and one with more high to balance it out. It works great!

Christian Derdul
    Participant

ORIGINAL: hammy21086

I use GuitarHack’s impulses.

That’s what I was thinkin’ you might be using, they sound really good. I’m just starting to experiment with blending in different IRs instead of just using one like you were saying.

hammy21086
    Participant

I think they are worlds better than recording with a line 6. At least my tone is a real 5150 and not a emulator. It also makes it easier on the processor when you use the send out on your amp rather then an insert in you DAW.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Depending on the sound you’re going from the mix feels a touch thin, or lacking some warmth, also the guitar tone is nice but being honest, are you sure you’re not mixing them a touch favourably i.e. they are a touch loud…. also some of the snap from the snare is missing especially in the more built up parts of the track, perhaps carving a little notch of EQ for it’s attack and then maybe a small amount of sidechaining on the rhythm guitars from the snare….

Regards

D.

p.s. please work on the tuning of your bends on the lead work, it really detracts from what otherwise sounds pretty cool.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

hammy21086
    Participant

Volitian, how would you make the tone warmer and not so thin? And I agree on the guitars being too loud.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

It depends on the approach, subtractive EQ’ing the parts which are too bright might help the mix overall, however I would suggest looking at the lower mid-range around 200-500hz, there’s a lot of mud to be found round there unfortunately but the warmth comes from that range (assuming the mix isn’t overly unbalanced to another freq set) other tricks like using analogue tape plugins etc might help just add subtle character.

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.