1st song with EZ Keys

User demos
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kip Count
    Participant

A lot of good moments in there. Good job. Is the piano all from the included MIDI library, or did you tweak them in your DAW, or was it played by you?

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

GT3000XX
    Participant

All from the library…. Only took a couple of hours… To do it myself it would have taken days…. Looking forward to diving in deeper with EZ Keys

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Cubase 7.02 64 Bit PC I 7 processor HT Enabled No Page File 18 GB Ram Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MB USB 3.0 Presonus FireStudio 2- 120 GB SSD Drives ATI Radeon HD5450 Video Card

Robert Osborne
    Participant

good stuff man. i’m def gonna pick this up

Mac Mini Yosemite 10.10 2.3 GHz Inter Core i7 16gb GB 1 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - Digimax D8- - Cubase 7 - Superior Drummer 2.4

GT3000XX
    Participant

Thanks, I updated the song a little. Did some drum changes and added an acoustic guitar (Mussic Labs Real Guitar). The cool thing is I took the midi track from the piano and inserted it on the guitar track, then tweaked the notes and poof a guitar track….. Here is the updated song link

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-13-2012-revised

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Cubase 7.02 64 Bit PC I 7 processor HT Enabled No Page File 18 GB Ram Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MB USB 3.0 Presonus FireStudio 2- 120 GB SSD Drives ATI Radeon HD5450 Video Card

GT3000XX
    Participant

Sorry put the wrong link…Here is the one with guitar

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-13-2012-w-guitar

Scott
    Participant

Nice job. Thank you for sharing with us!!

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

GT3000XX
    Participant

Updated song with strings and tweaked the mix….Enjoy……

http://soundcloud.com/cws1457/new-song-3-13-2012-w-strings

Recorded with Cubase 6.5.1, Ez Keys,Ez Drummer,Real Guitar 2, Halion Sonic SE

Plugins, Izotope Ozone 4, Steinberg Multiband Compressor

Andrew Ball
    Participant

That’s top work fella – now I have also been playing with eZKeys and interestingly I fell for exactly the same riff you did. I have to say your composition beats mine hands down for creativity and variation but I think the similarity and the differences between the two is striking (and trust me I never listened to your track before composing mine).

http://soundcloud.com/andyb01/seaboard-train

I called mine Seaboard Train and it even has some lyrics – but my singing voice is not something you want inflicted on an already troubled World! 😉

Great stuff – thanks for sharing and keep up the great work

Andy

p.s. Apologies for a bit of distortion on the track but despite uploading in multiple formats and bit rates I just can’t get a clean version to play on Soundcloud but the download should be OK.

GT3000XX
    Participant

Thanks for your comments Andy….Your song does sound close in spots, mainly at the end….Like the song…Here are a few thoughts on the mix…..
    1. Try to put your bass in the center and cut off at 70Hz
    2. On the keys cutoff 100 Hz and lower
    Also at the end there is a clicking sound everytime you hit the piano keys (I listened to the MP3 not Sound Cloud….)
    I use EZ Keys to put the song together but, I use Steingerb’s Grand Piano instead of the one EZ Keys supplies. I feel Steinbergs is a much better sounding piano…Plus there are several Grands to choose from….
    Craig

Andrew Ball
    Participant

Craig, thanks for the tips, I will try these changes. Agree there are better synths, I use TruePianos and Pianissimo, there are also some nice grands in DimPro I use. I multi-tracked the piano on this and possibly need to strip it back a bit. I had noticed that key click but not got around to nailing it. I use Roland DP as my input device so my guess is its in the Sonar X1 DAW setup somewhere. I’ll have another go at it when I get some time. I expect there will be many expansion packs to come for EZkeys to enjoy. Rgds, Andy

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.