Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

1) Seperating Double Kicks 2) Midi pack mapping E-drums

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • John

Hi,

I wonder if you haven’t misunderstood the function of ‘Alternate Hits’?
    2 different instruments cannot have the same MIDI note assigned unless they are Joined/Stacked (in a MIDI node in Sd2).

The Kicks in The Metal Foundry, as with all libraries containing double kick setups, have the notes #35 for the Left Kick and #36 for the Right Kick assigned.
    What you can do, is to have ‘Alternate Hits’ enabled for one Kick which makes incoming notes trigger the two sequentially, alternating the two.

The Kicks in The Metal Foundry do indeed have separate Mixer channels, both in Superior 2 and 3, as well as other libraries with two kicks.
    If they both are routed to a Bus with a compressor on it, then you may have a scenario where the same compressor reacts to both kicks, but this depends on Preset and is not necessarily something bad or unwanted. Depends on context.

SD3 has got a Grid Editor, so you can pencil in notes without having to do so in another host.

With SD3, you have a lot of E-drums Presets included but you can of course use these as a starting point and then customise and save as your own, including making sure the 2 Kicks are triggered by separate notes (they would be by Default).

I hope this clarifies,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

Hi, ok thanks. So then I will know to enable alternate so that I dont have to pencil on two lines.

But is there a way to color code the grid and have it reverse upside down so that the kick is on the bottom?  I am used to doing it that way in other editors.  Because it makes sense for the kick to be at the lowest point then the snare then the hit hats then toms then cymbals up top as a normal drum kit is oriented.

And i Really need color coded stuff so I can intelligently know what I am doing.

And with this seperate grid, when you are done your pattern does it import to a midi track in your host? How would the host know to be on time with it?

Also is there shortcuts to enable triplet divisions on the grid so as to not have to click the mouse for a drop-down to do that?

And finally, would there be any upgrades from 2 to 3?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.