EZdrummer 2.2.1 is now available to download using the Product Manager or from the ‘My Products’ area in your Toontrack account. Please note that version 2.2.1 is required for the support of EZdrummer 2 products released from this point forward (Q1 2021).
EZdrummer 2.2.0 is now available to download using the Product Manager or from the ‘My Products’ area in your Toontrack account. Please note that version 2.2.0 is required for the support of EZdrummer 2 products released from this point forward (Q4 2020).
Edit Play Style
– Certain effect knobs in several EZXs did not work as intended (in version 2.1.7 only).
– When starting the standalone on MacOS X Snow Leopard, if the previously used audio device could not be opened, the error dialog for that was not possible to close.
– The effect library has been updated with fixes for some potential crashes.
EZdrummer 2.1.6 is now available to download using the Product Manager or from the ‘My Products’ area in your Toontrack account. This release includes improvements and important fixes listed below. Note that EZdrummer 2.1.6 is required for EZX expansion packs released from this point forward (Q1 2018).
Improved in version 2.1.6:
– MIDI library names are now sorted under each header in the Browser.
– User presets are now sorted in the menu when scanned from disk (even with Apple File System).
– User MIDI folders and song structures are now sorted when scanned from disk (even with Apple File System).
– Menu entries “Rescan User Presets” and “Rescan User Kits” have been added to their respective menus.
Fixed in version 2.1.6:
– Changing output channel in the mixer would sometimes crash when sample rate was not 44.1 kHz.
– Trying to drag a file or move a slider or doing any other “drag operation” in the window no longer causes the window to be moved in GarageBand 6.
– If you loaded a different EZX (or closed and opened the EZdrummer plug-in window) with the Song Creator open, the browser became too tall, its bottom part hidden behind the Song Creator.
– On some macOS versions it was not possible to drag and drop MIDI from certain programs/plug-ins, for example Superior Drummer 3, to EZdrummer.
– It could crash if you quickly clicked the “Preview Original Tempo” button after opening EZdrummer.
– EZdrummer 2 is now compatible with GarageBand on macOS High Sierra.
– Some song blocks that were saved to User MIDI became empty when dragged back to a song track.
– Tap2Find should no longer crash when recording external MIDI.
– Browsing for EZdrummer sounds and selecting a folder without EZXs could cause a crash.
– Changing tempo modifier while playing a groove in Search could cause a crash.
– The browser could get the wrong height when switching EZX.
– Time signature and tempo were not always written to MIDI files dragged out from EZdrummer.
– Star marks on grooves could get lost if you synced file changes.
– Keyboard arrow input did not work in some cases in the 64-bit Mac standalone.
– Third-party and user MIDI libraries that are missing on disk are now possible to remove from Search.
– Lots of smaller bug fixes.
Improved in version 2.1.5:
– Updated Overloud effect library.
– Updated network and audio device support.
Known issues with hosts
– Digital Performer: outputs may become mono when the plugin window is closed in pre-rendering mode
– Logic 8/9: key commands may interfere with typing Authorization code (use standalone host instead)
– Traktion: host may lock up on drag and drop when ‘Real Time Property’ is ON
– The internal AU name has been changed back from “EZdrummer 2” to “EZdrummer”, which it was in 2.1.1 and earlier, to restore save file compatibility in some hosts.
– In Drumkit from Hell, if a sound from another expansion was loaded on an instrument, clicking on that instrument could lead to a crash in some cases.
– Clicking the tempo button under the song track in Toontrack solo could lead to a crash.
– If the User MIDI folder could not be accessed or created, the plug-in crashed when instantiated.
– Dragging across articulation lists in Edit Play Style did not preview any sound.
– Dragging from the Browser had wrong y coordinate.
– The red translucent block that marks the current recording sometimes became too long when a loop endpoint was reached, and it no longer overlaps itself in a loop.
– The following is now disabled while recording: moving the playhead or loop area, Undo/Redo, song track context menus, loop toggling and a few more things.
– Up/down arrow keys in the Browser should work in more hosts on Mac now.
– recording MIDI to the Song Track caused a crash
– loading a hihat without trig articulation onto a hihat with trig articulation lead to crash when re-building the graphical user interface (GUI)
– the wrong note was recorded sometimes on hi-hats loaded from other libraries when clicking on the hi-hat
– the opening hit sign in ‘Edit Play Style’ could be missing on blocks with no opening hit
– pasting onto an empty track sets the time signature to that of the pasted loop
– the host will be defaulted to using Windows scaling factor on 4k and high DPI monitors
– drumkit preset menu signals if the selected preset does not represent current state
– it is now possible to mute blocks in the song track by right clicking and selecting “Mute”
– selected preset is now shown below the selected EZX.
– presets that get changed from their original setting will have an indicator next to the preset name to show it has been tweaked.
– sorting algorithm in search browser has been changed to sort as humans tend to do instead of how computers want to do it.
– possible to change the starting bar number of song track time line between 0 and 1.
– new standalone channel routing system which handles unlimited number of outputs on the sound card
– standalone sample rate is no longer fixed at 44.1k
– improved crash dump dialogs on Windows. Tries to write in three different locations before giving up. Also reports if it fails writing the dump file
– various crash fixes
– having no internet connection and going into Online MIDI mode didnt show the “Connection failed.” error message.
– loading a project containing a tap2find loop always caused search tab to be visible, regardless of which tab was used upon saving.
– toggling favorites while in online midi mode did not properly keep favorite state when entering offline mode again (and vice versa)
– loading a project or selecting “new” in standalone did not properly reset the tap2find loop, which in worst case scenario caused a crash.
– when using back/forward buttons reset the quantize value both on block and in tap2find
– dragging from favorites to somewhere and then back to favorites appended an extra .mid on the name
– metronome volume fix in stand alone
– now possible to drag from tap2find to favourites
– the database interface was not closed properly and could cause crashes when restarting the plug.
– progress and error messages for MIDI database operations have been improved
– incompatible EZXs can be detected and stopped from being accessed
– a Settings dialog was added, replacing several menu entries
– the Library Preset menu now has a dropdown arrow to more clearly indicate that it’s a menu
– the track length dialog showed the number of bars in 4/4 instead of in current time signature
– enabling Show Web Shop MIDI can now be retried if connection fails
– switching EZXs did not properly update the powerhand and instruments filter columns
– the dialog for selecting number of outputs for EZdrummer in SONAR is now forced to be the top-most window
– tap tempo now reacts to mouse-down instead of mouse-up
– Song Structures were sometimes not read properly, resulting in an empty list in Song Creator
– undo/redo didn’t preserve power hand, velocity and intensity
– it wasn’t possible to add different User Libraries with the same name
– choosing ‘New’ in the standalone did not reset Humanize to “EZX Optimized”
– Cmd-click (Mac) / Ctrl-click (Win) on the Tempo knob in Tap2Find did not reset the tempo to default (only graphically)
– copying quantized Tap2Find MIDI from the drop zone copied unquantized notes
– various Edit Play Style bug fixes
– Tap2find now syncs with the host
– the context menu is now available on percussion pads in Edit Play Style
– multiple selection on percussion pads in Edit Play Style is now achievable
– e-drum tranformations are only applied to incoming midi
– improved e-drum transforms for Yamaha and Alesis modules
– many other improvements
– EZdrummer 1 user kit presets are now available as intended
– when loading EZdrummer 1 projects, percussion channels are now featured correctly
– MIDI out no longer stops when closing the interface
– fixed lag when adjusting the velocity and amount controls on long MIDI files
– fixed an occasional crash when clicking favourites
– metronome volume correctly affects Tap 2 Find metronome volume
– quantize now works on percussion pads
– fixes of percussion when cut to special time signature
– many other bug fixes
– the leading instrument is analyzed with higher penalty for instruments with lower priority
– MIDI learn menus open in better places over sliders
– when using the amount control with the Latin Percussion EZX results should be more predictable
– kicks from the Number 1 Hits EZX can now be loaded in the regular kick drum position
– selecting with the lasso at the edges of the Song Track no longer leads to unwanted scrolling
– after tapping only 1 bar, only 1 bar is displayed in the tap2find area
– suggestions can be aborted before the process has completed
– Edit Play Style changes are now applied upon quantizing
– after quantizing in Edit Play Style pads are no longer deselected
– new menu arrow button on the song part labels
– crash fix for multi-out routing change when a sample rate other than 44.1K was used
– EZXs with no sounds in mics declared as Close no longer causes the engine to crash
– source files with a block type that cannot be determined should no longer cause a crash
– potential crash fix when trying to open database that doesnt exist
– occassional crash when switching Sound Library
– removing an instrument assigned as Powerhand no longer causes issues
– on certain systems preview for the percussion pieces was silent
– velocity values 1 did not count as hits when using the amount control
– the engine didn’t apply amount correctly if multiple instruments were selected
– Intensity in searches was not drawn correctly
– ‘Show in Browser’ now works with user mount points even if a User Libraries header is present
– slashes in file names should be treated more adequately
– metronome preview in standalone mode didn’t work
– stand alone no longer asks for path every time if PlugPath exist but is invalid
– when creating a Toontrack account the dialog no longer states that the user should check their mail and verify the account as that is no longer needed
– the ‘connection failed’ message now properly appears if failing to login to web shop MIDI
– other Online midi fixes
– some Copy from browser bug fixes
– some User MIDI folder fixes
– memory leaks should no longer occur