1. A quick gear rundown, please!
Washburn Solar guitars, Randall Satan amps and cabs, Seymour Duncan delay, Dunlop guitar picks and GHS strings!
2. What’s your recording setup like?
I have an iMac coupled with an Apogee Quartet. I’m using Logic Pro X for DAW.
3. If you had to name one guitarist that influenced you the most starting out, who would you say?
Definitely Dimebag Darrell. And still to this day he’s my main influence and cannot be topped. He had it all, the rhythm chops, the riffs, the soul, everything.
4. …and what guitarists do you think stand out today?
A guy like Tosin Abasi definitely stands out because he’s doing something completely different.
5. If you could put together a dream-team of musicians to form a band with, who would they be?
I would love to play in a band together with Russell Allen on vocals, Krimh on drums, Steve DiGiorgio on bass. We would make the sickest death metal with power metal vocals!
6. Walk us through a typical day ”in the life of”.
A usual day when I’m not on the road I take my kids to daycare, put on a large pot of coffee, sit infront of the computer and either riff out or try to write a song. 4 o’clock I pick up my kids from daycare and then I just spend all my time with them. Living the dream!