What’s your main guitar?
– My Ibanez MSM prototype.
What amp and cab combo would you say is your go-to?
– Can’t live without my Victory V30.
A quick rundown of your pedals and outboard, in the studio and live?
– Live I’m using either the DV Mark Multiamp or the Victory V30 with some pedals, usually an Ibanez TS808, a BB Preamp, some TC Electronics effects including a Flashback X4 delay, Corona Chorus and Polytune Tuner, a Vinteck Booster and a small Japanese Girl Wah. In the studio I’m pretty much a digital guy, so either the Axe FX II, Kemper and the Multiamp works for me!
What Toontrack gear do you use on a regular basis?
– I use EZdrummer 2 on all my productions and songs, it is the best drums library I ever tried. Also now with EZmix 2 and the JamTrack Amps EZmix Pack, I’m able to track anywhere in the world with ease – and most importantly, with my tones!
– 0.09–0.46 on all my 6-strings and 0.09–0.56 on all my 7-strings.
Pick of choice?
– Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black Jazz III 1.0mm.
When recording, what’s your DAW of choice?
– I’m pretty confident with Presonus Studio One these days, I find it very easy and low on CPU.
If you had to stick to one guitar for the rest of your life, what would it be and would it have 6, 7, 8 – or 9 strings?
– It would be my Ibanez 6 strings, no questions!
If you could pick only one track to jam to for the rest of time, what would it be?
– I love to jam on Toto tracks, I’d say “Gypsy Train” is the one that I love jamming over these days.
Name five players that helped shape you as a guitarist!
– In no particular order Kee Marcello, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Andy Timmons, Steve Lukather.
Who’s the most interesting player today?
– I still have goosebumps when I listen to Andy Timmons, he’s the best for me!