Los Angeles, CA
What’s your main guitar?
– My Chapin T-Bird (’50s style tele guitar)
What amp and cab combo would you say is your go-to?
– My Morgan JS40 the goat. Super Reverb style with a three-knob reverb built in and a 2×12 cab loaded with Eminence Josh Smith speakers.
A quick rundown of your pedals and outboard, in the studio and live?
– I use a Bradshaw controlled pedalboard featuring Lovepedal Tchula, Believe, Purple Plexi and Vibronaut pedals. An old Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamer, Berkos Third Stone Fuzz, Rockett pedals JS Tremolo, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Flashback delay, Eventide H9.
– 13-58, custom Gabriel Tenorio strings made in Los Angeles.
Pick of choice?
– Gravity Picks, 1.1mm fender style shape.
When recording, what’s your DAW of choice?
– Pro Tools
If you had to stick to one guitar for the rest of your life, what would it be and would it have 6, 7, 8 – or 9 strings?
– Telecaster for sure!!! 6 strings
If you could pick only one track to jam to for the rest of time, what would it be?
– Just give me a nice swinging shuffle BB King style.
Name five players that helped shape you as a guitarist!
– Albert King, BB King, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Danny Gatton
Who’s the most interesting player today?
– John Scofield