Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Which metal EZX is best for me.

Product Manager
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hector_18
    Participant

Well, I’ll answer my own question.
    From the online samples, I liked the Made of Metal and Metal! samples the best.
    Metal Machine and Metalhead seem really focused on metal only, at least to me.

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

I have Metal and Metal Machine, and all the drum riffs are great, but they are All also fast and complex. I have a hard time with them when I’m looking for something slower and more simple. You might be better off with a “Rock” pack.

“It is better to play than do nothing”

Confucius

hector_18
    Participant

I don’t really care so much about the MIDI patterns, since I play everything myself on a Roland kit.
    I’m just looking for a good drum sample pack, especially the toms.

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

“Metal Machine” has my favorite kit. Tama Bubbinga, Dry. Pronounced cymbals and more refined. The rides are really nice as well, though you only get 2. (bright pingy or soft more muted) Zero complaints with the kit. “Metal” has a poppy-ier kit in my opinion. (not a drummer lol) That just doesn’t have the depth for me, but may be more suited to what you’re doing.

Metal kit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NraFIZtWV6g

Metal Machine (i believe)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo6_9A_9Qrg

Either way you really can’t go wrong.

Hope that helps a bit.Smile

Confucius

hector_18
    Participant

Cool tunes.
    Are they originals?

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

Yes, I believe they are. (not mine) Just some videos I found on youtube when I was first considering purchasing EZD and what packs I wanted to get.
    [These are just links to youtube. All rights belong to their authors.]

Confucius

lchalk
    Participant

I have all the metal packs, Metal Machine and Metal! are my favorites but it Is hard for me to put them in order (Metal! is my favorite this week but last week it was Metal Machine)

Metal! is kind of a one trick pony (but it does that trick very well – I Love the big Crackle Kit)
    Metal Machine is a more well rounded and therefore more versatile and could fit into other types of music

hector_18
    Participant

So, if I have Metal Machine and Metal! Does “made of metal” add anything new that’s worthwhile?

lchalk
    Participant

Short answer yes. I have all the metal kits. I do use them all Just Metal! and Metal Machine I use the most so I am very used to their sound and they are my go to kits. Every once in a while I am just not feeling either of them (not the kits fault just me and I want something different) Made of metal or metal heads usually fit in there. The only one I really don’t use much at all if DKFH. I did the same research when I got started (and Metal! was relatively new) so this ordering is pretty common except for me pushing Metal! to number 1 (it is usually 2 or 3). I hear a lot of good thing about the progressive kit but I don’t own it yet so I can’t comment

Metal! – pure death metal
    Metal Machine – classic 80’s metal
    Made of metal – rocky metal, this is my fall back if rock solid sounds too over the top (and it usually does)
    Metalheads – Garage Metal? not sure how else to describe it (good kit but a little less refined, I have to be in the mood for this one)
    DKFH – very similar to Metalheads with a little more punch, which is probably why I don’t use as much

I will also add I do mostly hard rock and metal and I still like the Nashville kit, Pop/Rock, and the built in EZD2 Modern kit a lot. Go by sound not the name of the kit. Like Made of metal to me is not really a metal hit but a hard rock kit.

lchalk
    Participant

I pulled the trigger and bought the progressive EZX today and I am ready to render verdict:

It sounds a lot like Made of metal, it is better than it in the same way Metalheads is better than DKFH and I would buy it over Made if metal, if you were only getting 3 kits. All of them are distinct in their own way but some are closer than others.

My new ordering of metal kits I own:
    1) Metal! – pure death metal
    2) Metal Machine – classic 80’s metal
    3) Progressive – progressive metal (the name says it all)
    4) Made of metal – rocky metal, this is my fall back if rock solid sounds too over the top (and it usually does)
    5) Metalheads – Garage Metal? not sure how else to describe it (good kit but a little less refined, I have to be in the mood for this one)
    6) DKFH – very similar to Metalheads with a little more punch, which is probably why I don’t use as much

Brenton Reed
    Participant

Drums of Destruction is a killer EZX!  Great sounding kits in this one!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.