What about Superiour Bassplayer?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • dthgtr
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Pim1961

Well the title says it all. There was Virtual Bassplayer from Steinberg; there is still Broomstick but that’s outdated to my opinion… Toontrack you can do it! 🙂 (and you can do it better than anone else)

Suggestions (in a non particular order) for SDX Packs:

– Marcus Miller
    – John McVie
    – Paul McCartney
    – Robert Trujillo
    – Robbie Shakespeare

Thanks!

I second that!
    Trying to play bass on a keyboard,especially when your not good at it,is a challenge.

I have Rudy Sarzo’s Working Man’s Bass From Sony’s Acid Loops.There are a lot of excellent bass grooves but they must have been recorded straight into the board and unprocessed because quite a number of them have the dreaded finger skeaks.
    I don’t have the processors let alone the skill set to eq them to the point they are not noticable.

Anyway my list would be (In no particular order):

Greg Lake
    Tony Levin (A Chapman Stick SDX would be incredible)
    Rudy Sarzo
    Flea
    Les Claypool
    Cris Squire

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

godprobe
    Participant

I haven’t used it myself, but there’s a lot of fans of Trillian here on the forum…

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

Pim Schilperoort
    Participant

Trillian gives us excellent recorded bass samples – but no patterns.

soundcloud.com/pucks-recordings

dthgtr
    Participant

I forgot Geezer Butler.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

okanakov okanakov
    Participant

IMHO it’s much simpler to learn playing bass than create real sounding bass plugin.:) Some nuances of playing are very difficult to implement in software. For example, usually player’s left hand presses a string slightly before right hand plucks it. Therefore, a sample of string pressed down to a fret must precede every played note. But as far as I know, MIDI can’t deal with any kind of preceding events, it has only “note on” event which announces beginning of the note itself.

Pim Schilperoort
    Participant

Hi Okanakov,

If every musical software company would say “it’s easier to learn to play than to produce a plug in” there wouldn’t be much to choose from for us…

In one of my previous jobs I was a sound designer (for several hardware synthesizer factories) and as far as I can see it is very good possible – take a look at the Steinberg Virtual BassPlayer for instance. Far from perfect but it was a first generation product and is never further developed because of company strategies (Steinberg is bought by Yamaha, while the producer of Virtual Bass Player – Wizoo – is bought by another company). I think it’s time somebody picks up the idea of a virtual/superiour bass player and give the composers what they need: a perfect rhythm duo made out of Superiour Drummer and Superiour BassPlayer.

soundcloud.com/pucks-recordings

dthgtr
    Participant

I’m sure at one time the same was said about drum samplers.
    If Toontrack had the technology 10 years ago to make SD2 they wouldn’t have made EZ Drummer.

Cakewalk has Studio Instruments which has a bass sampler.I have only seen it demoed and it is minimal,but it can be done.To what extent…?

I think if anyone can pull it off it’s TT.
    It could be an excellent compliment to EZD & SD2.

Later.

Juicy
    Participant

I like Trillian and Scarbees P & J ,Musicman Basses also Hardcore Bass,use em all the time.
    A real good player is still the best.
    If you were dropping names you should not forget James Jamerson that Motown guy.
    I personally hope TT get centered on pushing SD2 in 2011.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.