Waiting for a major update of EZKeys

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • gearnerd
    Participant

That would be really nice! I hope they’ll make a scalable interface, the current interface looks a little bit dated.

dgc4rter
    Participant

Lol, we’ve been waiting for this for years! EZKeys was one of the very first virtual instruments I ever purchased. I can’t remember how long ago that was. Since then, I’ve acquired Superior Drummer and now EZBass that make EZKeys look positively antique in its functionality and GUI. It’s well overdue an update but Toontrack refuse outright to say anything about it because this has been discussed in another thread which was actually 5 years old and there wasn’t a single word from the developers.

It would be crazy of them to have abandoned it but don’t hold your breath.

Thanked by: gearnerd
    David W
    Participant

I bought and use EZ Bass a LOT and Superior Drummer a fair amount. I downloaded a demo of EZ Keys based on my experiences with the other products, and I couldn’t believe how terrible EZ Keys is! The interface looked like it was 1995 and on a Commodore 64! And was waaaay too small on my iMac Pro 5k screen. You can’t drag and copy stuff around like in EZBass, it’s almost impossible to change chords…the interface is just terrible! I can’t believe anyone actually uses this program. I thought it was going to be great like EZBass and Superior Drummer. I almost bought a combo 6 pack based on previous experience — boy am I glad I didn’t! It’s unusable.

It’s much easier to play the keys note by note and stitch it together. Or play the part badly and correct it in software.

Because their other products are so freaking awesome, it’s just stunning how bad EZKeys is.  I use their other stuff on released tracks and movie soundtracks without hesitation. And also for scratch pad when writing a new song.

I feel let down to see that Toontrack has feet of clay 🙁   I wonder how many copies of EZKeys are sitting on hard drives unused?

Well, here’s hoping they make a usable version of it someday — if they make it on par with their other products, I’d buy it in a heartbeat, along with a half dozen expansions!!! TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!

Also — it would be nice if they made a synth bass version of EZ Bass.

Joe Herchel
    Participant

I also tried the EZK demo, and decided to look elsewhere. I love EZD and EZB.

Skankfiend
    Participant

We are all anxiously awaiting a major update to this.  I have become very good at adapting some of the rhythmic changes that I need w/in my tunes, but this is very difficult and time consuming as you have to export the midi info into a DAW, perform any manipulation to the midi and then export it back into EZ keys.  Sometimes I’ll pull the drums and Bass to get it perfect when it’s very complex.

I love the product over all, but would be over the moon if it had better adaptability.  I’m sure all of their sales would sky rocket if they had an upgrade as the demo users would like transition to purchasing and then buy midi.   If I was the CEO, this would be my priority action item for my software development staff.

I have a jump blues project that is killer that uses all EZ products with a vocalist and sax player and people lose their minds.  I just wish it didn’t take me a whole day to fabricate parts.  😕  (I could use a Boogie Woogie vol II and then a Reggae volume II if this every gets read by those that matter  LOL.)

Thanks for the great products, but we all know you can up the game on EZ Key’s.

Michel Doucet
    Participant

Already Bought EZ Drummer 2, SD3, EZ Bass and EZ Keyz but I`m waiting to buy anything else from them until they do something about EZKeys GUI. It`s always the same story when they start it`s all friendly and Customer oriented but after they make some money and get a lot of customer they stop caring about customer and only got for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and try to sell you new stuff witout fixing what you already paid for , sad but that the way it goes

gearnerd
    Participant

The new EZD 3 looks very promising! I hope for a similar upgrade for Ezkeys. My main concerns are the resizable GUI and more interaction/customisation with MIDI, similar to ezbass.

grr808
    Participant

I too am waiting for the upgrade.  A grid editor and a scalable interface would be a huge improvement!!!  That said, I am able to make it work in my projects and overall, I am happy with the purchase.  However, as pointed out by others in this thread,  it is extremely time consuming to move the midi back in forth from the DAW to make the adjustments that often need to be made.

A native grid editor and a scalable interface, for me, would transform a fairly good songwriting tool into a massively useful songwriting tool.

Would be great to hear back from any Toontracks folks out there listening.

Markonian
    Participant

+1 for a new GUI!

Leif Briis
    Participant

+1 for a EZ key 2 or maybe even a “Superior Keys”, this would turn the world up side down for all songwriters, I should say.

Keep up the good work Toontrack, thanx for your amazing products..

Geir Johannessen
    Participant

As a songwriter EX Drums 3 and EZ Bass is just AMAZING. Don’t miss a thing there. Couldn’t be better :).
    So I absolutely agree with all that point out how dated both EZ Keys and EX Mix looks. I really hope it won’t be long until we get an update with both scaling, a grid editor and the possibility to import a wave file that can be analyzed and recogniced. For this I Use Scaler 2.5 today. I’m sure you guys at Toontrack also have thought out some new cool features we hardly knew we needed.

Så in short. Please don’t wait to long for both EZ keys and EZ mix to be updated.

Best Geir

planetzalex
    Participant

Any good alternatives to EZ Keys?

David W
    Participant

Yes, indeed. It’s called Vogue. A virtual pianist. Sounds great.

https://www.ujam.com/pianist/vogue/

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.