Vintage bass – no slap/pop articulations?

EZbass Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scott

Most likely not. I doubt they would add them retroactively to the library. They may release future expansion packs with pop/slaps in the future though.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Oscar Stern
    richard
    Participant

Thanks Scott. I can’t believe that they didn’t sample an iconic bass such as the Fender Jazz with slap and pop articulations!??

Thanked by: Marcin
    Oscar Stern
    Participant

Most likely not. I doubt they would add them retroactively to the library. They may release future expansion packs with pop/slaps in the future though.

Maybe one day they’ll add them. Slap Bass works amazingly well on all the Bass Guitars & even the Upright Bass in EZBass. The Acoustic Bass can even be played w/ a Pick (Virtually all the Bass Guitars even the Upright Bass) & the Upright works great w/ a Bow.

jasonholtzz
    Participant

Great

Thanked by: Oscar Stern
    Oscar Stern
    Participant

Hopefully one day it’ll get updated

Marcin
    Participant

TBH, I don’t think they will update the existing ones, because once the session is recorded, it’s over, and replicating the exact same conditions for recording additional notes would be a huge effort. I’m also grieving a bit over the fact that some of these EBXes are missing articulations. I think all future releases should include slaps, vibratos, pick/finger, etc. ALL OF THEM basically, to keep this instrument consistent. Also, for the ability to swap the sound of the bass in a song without losing all the articulations, as it is now.
    Having extra bow notes in Upright would be a super bonus. That’s quite common to play by mixing finger style and bowing. Maybe one day they will record a brand new upright bass with all of the bells and whistles 🙂

richard
    Participant

TBH, I don’t think they will update the existing ones, because once the session is recorded, it’s over, and replicating the exact same conditions for recording additional notes would be a huge effort. I’m also grieving a bit over the fact that some of these EBXes are missing articulations. I think all future releases should include slaps, vibratos, pick/finger, etc. ALL OF THEM basically, to keep this instrument consistent. Also, for the ability to swap the sound of the bass in a song without losing all the articulations, as it is now.
    Having extra bow notes in Upright would be a super bonus. That’s quite common to play by mixing finger style and bowing. Maybe one day they will record a brand new upright bass with all of the bells and whistles 🙂

Totally agree! Perhaps there will be a Superior Bass?

Marcin
    Participant

I actually hope they won’t release separate software for which we would need to pay again lol. I would rather count on the future development of EZbass to reach a stage where it is “truly superior” compared to the competition.

richard
    Participant

Yes I hope this aswell but I think it is unlikely. I will probably have to go back to using my other libraries that come with multiple articulations such as my Orange Tree and IK Modo libraries. I think the Toontrack libraries have a lot of potential but many of the libraries have limited articulations which stop me from using for bass tracks that require these different articulations within a piece.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.