Updates don’t work

Product Manager
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • John

Hi,

could you please elaborate?
    Can you literally not use SD3 at all, i.e. doesn’t it open when you launch it? Or does it open but give you an error message?
    Or does SD3 launch but you can’t find the MIDI?
    The MIDI will install to the C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesToontrackEZDrummer path by Default. Does the ‘EZDrummer’ folder contain a ‘Midi’ folder and do you have write and read access to it?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Matthew Whimp
    Participant

I have a similar issue – sorry for hijacking this thread. I had my midi libraries installed on an external ssd, but it is no longer attached to my laptop. When I upgrade the core midi libraries, it copies everything to the /Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/ path on the main HDD, and I can see it there, but SD3 is still looking for it on the external SSD and the Product Manager, keeps telling me I need to upgrade the SD3 core midi libraries. How can I change the path for the midi library, so that PM and SD3 look in the right place?

Thanks

Olof

@Matthew Whimp said:
    I have a similar issue – sorry for hijacking this thread. I had my midi libraries installed on an external ssd, but it is no longer attached to my laptop. When I upgrade the core midi libraries, it copies everything to the /Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/ path on the main HDD, and I can see it there, but SD3 is still looking for it on the external SSD and the Product Manager, keeps telling me I need to upgrade the SD3 core midi libraries. How can I change the path for the midi library, so that PM and SD3 look in the right place?

Thanks  

These two Terminal commands can be used to fix that. Open Applications > Utilities > Terminal, copy/paste the first command, press enter, copy/paste the second command and press enter.

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c ‘Delete SourcePath’ ~/Library/Preferences/com.toontrack.superior.auezdrummer.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c ‘Set :SourcePath “/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer”‘ /Users/Shared/Toontrack/Preferences/com.toontrack.superior.auezdrummer.plist

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Matthew Whimp
    Participant

Great. Thanks Olof.

william roberts
    Participant

Same problem, but I am not comfortable with the Unix command line. Is this a bug in the installer? If so, is there a fix to download? Does Toontrack know about this?

John

Hi,

same problem as what exactly? Please elaborate.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.