Tracker

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Andreas.Walfridsson
    Participant

@jz20051 said:
    Hi guys,

How well does the Tracker feature work?
    I have some old songs that would I love to replace the drums with Superior Drummer 3. How well can it detect Hi-Hat, Ride and Cymbal hits? (each was recorded with close mics)

Also, once it’s been converted to MIDI, can I adjust the Velocity? (I like the Kick and Snare to hit hard)

Thank you for your help! Can’t to get my hand on SD3 Cool
    – Johnny  

The short answer: It works good and velocity can be adjusted in Tracker or once you have exported the MIDI to the Song Track in Superior Drummer 3 (or to your host of of choice of course).

A little more detailed answer:
    The sound recognition AI is trained to distinguish between ride, hi hat and other cymbals as well as kick, snare and toms. Clear transients are generally detected automatically. Less distinct hits, like repeated hits on the edge of a crash or a ride cymbal, can be detected using the AI in combination with other features and tools available in Tracker: If you for instance know that the drummer played 8:th notes on a crash cymbal during a part of a song, just use the options to select and replace 8:th notes for that song part only. If you are looking for a specific sound in a noisy source audio file, select ’Find Similar’ to automatically detect sounds similar to those you have pointed out. If you want to add or remove replaced hits by hand, just use the available tools and so on… In other words It’s possible to go deep if you need to.

There will be detailed tutorials on how to do all this.

/Andreas

Johnny Mendez
    Participant

@Andreas.Walfridsson said:

The short answer: It works good and velocity can be adjusted in Tracker or once you have exported the MIDI to the Song Track in Superior Drummer 3 (or to your host of of choice of course).

A little more detailed answer:
    The sound recognition AI is trained to distinguish between ride, hi hat and other cymbals as well as kick, snare and toms. Clear transients are generally detected automatically. Less distinct hits, like repeated hits on the edge of a crash or a ride cymbal, can be detected using the AI in combination with other features and tools available in Tracker: If you for instance know that the drummer played 8:th notes on a crash cymbal during a part of a song, just use the options to select and replace 8:th notes for that song part only. If you are looking for a specific sound in a noisy source audio file, select ’Find Similar’ to automatically detect sounds similar to those you have pointed out. If you want to add or remove replaced hits by hand, just use the available tools and so on… In other words It’s possible to go deep if you need to.

There will be detailed tutorials on how to do all this.

/Andreas  

Wow, thank you! SD3 is gonna be pretty sick!Cool

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.