Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Superior drummer 3 – import of midi files from another drum software

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Craig Rogers
    Participant

I have this same question. I just purchased SD3. I have about 12 Groove Monkee libraries, plus some MIDI libraries from Addictive Drums and BFD. I’m having trouble figuring out how to import them into SD3.

Patrick Pearce
    Participant

READ the documentation folks! Laugh

Craig Rogers
    Participant

Thanks, LightWing.

For anyone else having trouble locating the info in the documentation, it’s here: https://www.toontrack.com/manual/superior-drummer-3/4/4-1-grooves-tab-header-bar

BUT, the graphic shows a MENU button. In my interface, the button says “Grooves.” Click that button and choose Folders > Add Linked Folder…

Thanked by: 1timruiz and ESW
    jwilliams413
    Participant

I’ve search everywhere and read the documenation, but still can’t figure this out.  I’m trying to add loops for the Lopp Loft to SD3.

I’ve done this… the button says “Grooves.” Click that button and choose Folders > Add Linked Folder…

It adds the folder, but there’s nothing in it.  I have 4 file types from the Loop Loft:  WAVS, AIFF, REX2, and Stylus RMX.

I’m guessing there’s a different one for MIDI that I need?  If anyone knows what I’m missing, let me know.

Thanks.

Scott

I’ve search everywhere and read the documenation, but still can’t figure this out. I’m trying to add loops for the Lopp Loft to SD3.

I’ve done this… the button says “Grooves.” Click that button and choose Folders > Add Linked Folder…

It adds the folder, but there’s nothing in it. I have 4 file types from the Loop Loft: WAVS, AIFF, REX2, and Stylus RMX.

I’m guessing there’s a different one for MIDI that I need? If anyone knows what I’m missing, let me know.

Thanks.

The S3 Groove browser is for MIDI Files. I don’t see any MIDI Files listed. Only WAVS, AIFF, REX2, and Stylus RMX. Those are audio files and will not show in the MIDI browser. Does that company make MIDI packs or just audio loops? If not MIDI, you won’t be able to load them in the S3 browser.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jwilliams413
    Participant

Oops, looks like I was confused and shouldn’t have bought the Loop Loft pack.  Thanks for clarifying.

James Carpenter
    Participant

Try this. Drag the WAV LOOPS into Tracker in SD3. You will be amazed at how well it can figure out what instrument is what in the loop.

If it get some things wrong, you can simply choose the instrument and tell it what drum it should use. I use it often because I have a ton of

loops files from DOD and others. It blows me away how smart it is in figuring out what is what. Then you can simply export it out of Tracker and use as a midi file.

Operating system: OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Thanked by: mrdoodle
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.