Superior Drummer 3 – Grid View on Grooves Tab

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jacy Smith
    Participant

@Stephan Krämer said:
    When pre-listening grooves at the Grooves Tab there is no visual feedback. It would be fantastic if there were a window with a Grid view.  

You can always drag the groove you’re listening to into the Song Track window and double click it to bring up the Grid Editor.

Henrik
    Participant

As Jacy said – you have to drag the groove down to the track to be able to edit it. Is there anything particular you want to achieve, or is it just the extra work to have to drag the groove to the track that is annoying? I ask because I am interested in how our users use the software – to be able to make it better 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Stephan Krämer
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    As Jacy said – you have to drag the groove down to the track to be able to edit it. Is there anything particular you want to achieve, or is it just the extra work to have to drag the groove to the track that is annoying? I ask because I am interested in how our users use the software – to be able to make it better 🙂  

The point is, if I’m looking for a groove, I want to have a visual feedback. So I can quickly see if a groove or a fill is useful or not.

Pre-Listen to a complete groove or drag the groove into the track and then open the grid editor kills the workflow.

For example, I think most fills are too complex or busy. A visual feedback would make it possible to skip these inappropriate grooves or fills.
    It would be a big time saver.

I hardly dare to point out, but addictive drums has such an indicator on the beat tab.

Jacy Smith
    Participant

What’s the point of visual feedback compared to simply listening to a track in order to determine if it’s appropriate for a song? I can think of a few examples of beats that contained complex fills that I didn’t like but that also contained beats I ended up using; I simply deleted the fill. Had I skipped the groove altogether because I could visually see that it contained a complex fill, I would’ve missed out on a very usable beat.

The only time visual feedback is useful for me is when modifying a beat.

Stephan Krämer
    Participant

I ask you:
    What would be the problem if there was a visual feedback? Except that it would be useful? Maybe not for you, but for others?

Jacy Smith
    Participant

It’s not a problem, per se. If there’s enough people that want a feature, then it’s worth implementing. However, if only one or two people want it then I’d rather the developers spend their time working on features that are in greater demand.

Henrik
    Participant

@Stephan Krämer said:

The point is, if I’m looking for a groove, I want to have a visual feedback. So I can quickly see if a groove or a fill is useful or not.

Pre-Listen to a complete groove or drag the groove into the track and then open the grid editor kills the workflow.

For example, I think most fills are too complex or busy. A visual feedback would make it possible to skip these inappropriate grooves or fills.

I hardly dare to point out, but addictive drums has such an indicator on the beat tab.  

Thanks for the explanation. This was one of the reasons why we implemented the Complexity column in the Grooves tab, but it doesn’t show all. I will take a note of your request!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Stephan Krämer
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    Thanks for the explanation. This was one of the reasons why we implemented the Complexity column in the Grooves tab, but it doesn’t show all. I will take a note of your request!  

Thank you for the quick reply. I realize that everyone is working a bit differently with SD3 (see Jacy). For me, a visual feedback would be a really big job!

Stephan Krämer
    Participant

@Stephan Krämer said:

@henrik

I bought EzBass today. And the way you did it there in the groove tab/ hit list (column MIDI), it would be great for SD3 / EzDrummer.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.