SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3 FEATURE IDEA REQUEST

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Cool idea, but super hard to do Cool We have to simulate the microphones, the room ambience, the polarity etc., instead of recording the drums as we do right now… But if you aim for the stars you may at-least end up on the moon 🙂 Thanks for the feedback/idea!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Gabriel Carr
    Participant

at least u got back thank u for that i wonder how ikmultimedia did there amps with the mics? about the moon thing I think u guys got there with the SD3 gut I did hear a famous guitar player say “Well, I stand up next to a mountain And I chop it down with the edge of my hand” anyways thanks for ur time that will be my 1 and only request ever lol but thanks

jtnyc
    Participant

@Madsyentist said:
    at least u got back thank u for that i wonder how ikmultimedia did there amps with the mics? about the moon thing I think u guys got there with the SD3 gut I did hear a famous guitar player say “Well, I stand up next to a mountain And I chop it down with the edge of my hand” anyways thanks for ur time that will be my 1 and only request ever lol but thanks  

IK Amplitube is modeled amps and mics that you run audio through,they are not “recorded sounds”. SD3 drums are actual recorded drum samples with actual mics. The sheer amount of samples that they would have to record for like 20-50 or 50-100 mic positions for each drum (depending on how much you want to move them). You would also have to multiply that by the already existing large velocity and round robin layers. It would increase the ram footprint of the library into multi terabyte territory. And even after that I would think there could be phasing and other possible issues.

It’s really not necessary either. They give you so many mic options already. 3 snare mics, 2 kick, multiple room choices, 2 overhead choices. It’s all there.

Gabriel Carr
    Participant

ahhh

Dale
    Participant

Hi There!
    Just begging for an update add.
    PLEASE MAKE THE GRID EDITOR “TAB” AVAILABLE ON THE FRONT PAGE. PLEASE ALSO ALLOW IT TO OPEN EMPTY, instead of having to add a midi block to see it.
    Keep up the great work!
    Thank you.

Henrik
    Participant

@Dale said:
    Hi There!
    Just begging for an update add.
    PLEASE MAKE THE GRID EDITOR “TAB” AVAILABLE ON THE FRONT PAGE. PLEASE ALSO ALLOW IT TO OPEN EMPTY, instead of having to add a midi block to see it.
    Keep up the great work!
    Thank you.  

Did you know that you can right click on any empty area and select “Add empty MIDI block”? And then you can double click that block to enter the grid editor.
    Since that workflow is pretty quick, it hasn’t been prioritised to be able to enter the Grid Editor quicker. Do you have any particular scenario where the current work flow feels cumbersome for you?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Dale
    Participant

Henrik said
    Did you know that you can right click on any empty area and select “Add empty MIDI block”? And then you can double click that block to enter the grid editor.
    Since that workflow is pretty quick, it hasn’t been prioritised to be able to enter the Grid Editor quicker. Do you have any particular scenario where the current work flow feels cumbersome for you?

Yes thank you for the reply. I did know those ways. Not really what I call quick or as quick as could be on this level of drumming software (The Best).

I just dont get why the grid is not important enough to have a direct link…tracker does. Kinda crazy it took so long to put the grid in SD.

I get you want the focus to be on purchased midi. I have a ton of them and find my self creating more in the grid these days doing my own thing. Any couple of clicks further away can lose an idea as ridiculous as that is, but it’s true. Make it more important please. One Click, and slam it’s ready with an empty block.

Thanks again for responding!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.