Superior drummer 2 disapointed..

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scott

Superior drummer’s, vintage and cocktail can’t be loaded, but I have a green task that should confirm that my sounds path is properly selected…..

I only see Superior Drummer 2 registered to your account. The S1 libraries: ‘dfh Superior’, ‘Custom & Vintage’, and ‘Vintage Add-on’, as well as the ‘Cocktail’ and ‘Percussionist’ libraries are for users of the original DFHS which have all been discontinued.

The only sound library that ships with S2 is the Avatar library.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gilles
    Participant

Hello Scott andd thanks for your reply.

So, I’ve no longer to be stressed with this three S1 sounds bank problem? ?

Well I have also purchased Jazz option, but not already installed…..

Could you confirm how I can install it properly?

Because I suppose that it could be named as S1 sound bank too

Regards

Scott

No, don’t be stressed…it’s only computer software

And no, ‘S1’ is short for the original DFHS libraries and won’t have any effect on new libraries.

I don’t own any of the ‘S1’ libraries and have ‘unchecked’ them from listing in the available libraries menu.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gilles
    Participant

ok , and i’ve seen tha the Jazz ezline is ok with superior2 on the toontrack website.

I’ll try to install it now.

Scott

Yes, the Jazz EZX works fine with S2. Let me know how you make out with the install.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gilles
    Participant

Scott,

I’ve a short question:

Installer ask me if I want to change the default directory. As I have installed my Superior 2 sound bank in my external drive, may I have to selected the NY AVATAR folder, the sounds folder (wich is in the NY Avatar folder) or a new one in my external drive?

Thanks again

Scott

Being you’re installing on a Mac, I’m not quite sure.

On PC, you can choose where to install the sounds. On Mac, I think you need to run the ‘SoundMover’ utility after installing to the default directory if you want your sounds on an external location.

John’s our resident Mac guru and I’ve found a post about using the ‘SoundMover’ utility:

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=91339

Hope that helps. If you’re still unsure, John should be along to lend his expertise. Although, it’s the middle of the night in Sweden so it may not be until morning local Sweden time.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gilles
    Participant

Hello Scott,

I’ve installed the Jazz expansiod and used SoundMover.

Now, I’ve the Jazz kit in my superior drummer 2 software…and it’s sound really really good

I don’t really know how I’ve found the solution, but, when I started SD2 and, tried to set the path of the Jazz sound, a message appears and said that the folder was not a sound folder….

Anyway, under the drum ‘s builder pages, the Jazz extension appears in the pop up…..

I’ve noticed that the kit background is the same as the SD2: I’ve not the Jazz kit picture with the carpet and trumpet o the left side.

Is it normal?

Thanks again for your help.

Gilles

Paris

John

Hi Gilles,

when you have run the Jazz EZX installer, the Superior 2 plugin should be able to pick it up automatically, so that is why you can use it even though you didn’t succeed in pointing to it in ‘paths’.

Since the Superior 2 interface is a bit dynamic and the EZdrummer interface is static, the EZdrummer expansion backgrounds can not be viewed inside the Superior 2 plugin.

In other words, it is normal.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gilles
    Participant

Hi john, and thanks for your reply.

Ok, I understand.

Thanks again for this great product….and I have a lot of thing to learn!

Allthe kits sounds really great and it’s a great pleasure to play with.

And my appologies for all theses basic questions……

I’ll certainly have other questions in the futur.

Best regards from Paris

Amicalement

Gilles

dthgtr
    Participant

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Check out the video tutorials on the main Toontrack page.They demonstrate the basic functions as well as the more advanced features.

S2 is a great product.It can be used straight out of the box for novices and has the needed features that someone in a top end studio would require.All in one package.

If you can not find your answer in a forum search,there are many here that can answer any of your questions.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.