SDX Custom & Vintage Upgrade

Product Manager
Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • sylvestre.p
    Participant

hi thx, the superior 1.6.0 fails to install & update the soundstats , the error message is weird

it says approx. :

“the install soft couldn’t install the soft ’cause he doesn’t have found soft to install” …

today I can use every Toontrack library, except custom&vingtage and c&v.add-ons, I can’t either use the original superior DFH library , I can’t even find the way to download this library today, it doesn’t even appear in “my products” by the way and SD2 upgrade didn’t install a sound library either.

Toontrack should maybe purpose a free upgrade for original superior DFH , custom&vingtage and c&v add ons library owners to some complete EZX or SDX library versions. or try again to make it work in a much easier way…

sylvestre perrusson
    -macbook pro 2 Ghz intelcore i7, 8 Go DDR3 DP9, LIVE9, MAC osX : 10.13.6 ( high Sierra )

Thanked by: Ant Glee
    Stephen Marshall
    Participant

Don’t use the installer. You have to manually copy the library files from the update zip to your sample folder and overwrite if needed.

i think Toontrack should update SD3 so that we can continue to use these libraries. Nothing beats that percussion library imo.

Scott

Don’t use the installer. You have to manually copy the library files from the update zip to your sample folder and overwrite if needed.

i think Toontrack should update SD3 so that we can continue to use these libraries. Nothing beats that percussion library imo.

An updated version of C&V and the Vintage Add on was released years ago that is compatible with S3.

https://www.toontrack.com/product/custom-vintage-sdx/

It was released back in 2009 and there was an upgrade offer from the original  C&V but it’s been discontinued for years.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Stephen Marshall
    Participant

An updated version of C&V and the Vintage Add on was released years ago that is compatible with S3.

It was released back in 2009 and there was an upgrade offer from the original  C&V but it’s been discontinued for years.

Thanks Scott, but it would be cool to have a 24bit SDX  version of the of the Drumkit From Hell and Percussionist library too, or at least be able to load up the original libs in SD3 as we could in SD2

Scott

Thanks Scott, but it would be cool to have a 24bit SDX  version of the of the Drumkit From Hell and Percussionist library too, or at least be able to load up the original libs in SD3 as we could in SD2

I doubt it will happen. S3 requires a file format that isn’t in the S1 libraries.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

sylvestre.p
    Participant

thx,

• I should have said that I already tried the update manually , but anyway, how can I update the soundsats ?
    • about the c&v an c&v add ons , I know there are sound library updates but from my position I think it should be for free…!
    • (notice I agree with Vincent miller, my own best past drum progs have been done with those sound library )
    • can someone tell-me what “Superior_Sounds_Install_Fix_MAC_150 ” is made for ? (I didn’t run this ’cause I don’t understand in which case we have to use this ).

sylvestre perrusson
    -macbook pro 2 Ghz intelcore i7, 8 Go DDR3 DP9, LIVE9, MAC osX : 10.13.6 ( high Sierra )

shapeshifterlive
    Participant

Hi There

I’m in a similar boat actually, and owner of both DFH Superior and Custom + Vintage add on. I have been told the installer doesnt work anymore so I purchased Superior 3.0.

I REALLY like the C+V add on, but I’m really not keen on having to buy it again for full price when I have already paid for it. Surely there should at the very least be an upgrade offer? I understand that work goes into the new software…but why charge me the same as someone who never purchased the product and supported in the first place?

Thanks

Operating system: macOS Sierra (10.12)
    yeahimsteve
    Participant

I agree with the post above me:  There’s zero reason to charge existing C&V owners the same price as somebody buying it for the first time, especially since we already have the sounds and it’s just a matter of being able to use it in SD3 instead of SD2.

I’m not paying even the sale price of $104 for sounds that I already own, just so I can use SD3 instead.  Toontrack is leaving free money on the table because I’d pay to update, but I’m not paying the same price as a new customer.

Ant Glee
    Participant

Agreed. And everything on Youtube is 10-11 years old and shows under Superior Drummer 2.  Toontrack should offer a more current tutorial vs. what’s available especially since the product is still for sale and no changes are listed since it’s release.  Regarding upgraded quality on sampling, I sure hope a 16 bit sample file wasn’t upsampled to say 24 bit, that wouldn’t be cool as the original is still 16 bit.

• This post was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Ant Glee.
    Ant Glee
    Participant

[Deleted]

• This post was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Ant Glee.
Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.