SD3 Software Only Purchase?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • olliepudge
    Participant

I’m surprised Sweetwater said that because they will be selling it along with Toontrack. This is supposed to just be the library and does not include the software correct Toontrack? The description says “This version of Superior Drummer 3 includes a 256GB solid-state drive loaded with the software’s core sample library. Call your Sales Engineer for more details.” Here’s the link.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SupDrum3HD

joe erkman
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Ollie. Let me say first I use Sweetwater all the time and find them to be the best in product and customer service. I called them yesterday and the Sales Engineer explained the purchase of an Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 to be:
    The purchase of the UPGRADE to 3.0 is a complete download that includes the Superior Drummer 3 License and the Complete Core Library. But if I wanted my Core Library on an SSD, I would have to purchase my own SSD , download the file and transfer the file over to the SSD myself. $199.00
    The Sales Engineer did say I could purchase the Core Sound Library on SSD if I wanted but it would be an additional $199.00 which is your above sent link. But after purchasing the UPGRADE I would have 2 complete Core Sound Libraries and be up to $399.00
    I could purchase the complete program with License and CSL for $399.00
    I was hoping there would be an option to UPGRADE from 2.0 to 3.0 that would be the complete SD3 Software and CSL on a pre loaded SSD Drive or purchase a discounted UPGRADE SOFTWARE alone and purchase the Complete Core Library ($199.00) on SSD.
    My concern about the massive download comes from my experience with an East/West Symphony String Diamond program that was an exhausting process to download . file and getting it to work correctly. A pre-loaded SSD UPGRADE choice would be a welcome option from a loyal SD2 user. :)))

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

The Toontrack SSD with the S3 Core Library does not contain a license for that
    library. It is an optional means of delivering the sound library for people who
    anticipate trouble when downloading 230GBs or people who just think it would
    be worth it get the library pre-installed on an SSD drive.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

joe erkman
    Participant

Morning Olle. Exactly. So as an owner of Superior Drummer 2 wanting to UPGRADE to Superior Drummer 3, anticipating trouble downloading 230GBs of data my only options to get it pre loaded on a SSD Drive are:
    Purchase UPGRADE package which includes SD3 License and Core Library as a download ($199.00) and then purchase the additional SSD Core Library $199.00) for a total of $398.00
    OR
    Purchase the complete program SD3 Software/Core Library for $399.00
    Just trying to find if there was another option for those wanting a pre-loaded SSD that are UPGRADING to SD3.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

>OR
    >Purchase the complete program SD3 Software/Core Library for $399.00

No, the complete program does not include the SSD. It is also download only.
    The SSD is the same price for everyone.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

joe erkman
    Participant

My apologies, I never looked at the SD3 complete Software/Core Library page and thought it came as an SSD Drive when purchased. I see it too is a download and the SSD Core Library is an additional add on.
    Clears things up completely. Thanks for everyone’s help and time.

joe erkman
    Participant

Ordered!!! Thanks Toontrack for your help and your continuing outstanding products ! joe

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.