Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Rock Solid

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Looney_Tooner
    Participant

yeah, sounds great so far!

So, is there going to be an SDX from the same sessions in the future?

I’ll probably get no answer but my guess is, there will be.

I’d buy the EZX if I knew there wasn’t…

pimenta
    Participant

So quiet.. did you guys bite the bullet? what you thing so far?

Cheers

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

Martin

ORIGINAL: Looney_Tooner
    So, is there going to be an SDX from the same sessions in the future?
    I’ll probably get no answer but my guess is, there will be.
    I’d buy the EZX if I knew there wasn’t…

I’m not trying to convince anyone of buying the EZX, but want to clarify that IF (big if) there will be an SDX version, it will sound a lot different. This is because when Randy Staub mixed the original Warehouse recordings into the EZX, he blended in his own custom samples. It’s highly unlikely that these custom samples will be made available for any future product, whatever it might be or not be.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Jay Coover
    Participant

I may bite eventually, but not until the price goes to normal (same as other EZX’s) at all the online retailers.

I no longer need to have stuff on day one, but apparently many do, so thus the policy to maximize revenue.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Nathan
    Participant

…but you know you waaannt tooo…

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Nathan
    Participant

Maybe I was just projecting onto you Fizbin; I had a good listen to the demo beats last night and I downloaded it.

Three kits: Default Ayotte, Gretsch and Dunnet Ludwig, with an Alternate Ayotte kit using the Ayotte custom maple soprano snare instead of the 6-1/2″ Keplinger snare and the 22″ Ayotte kick instead of the 24″ Ayotte kick.

There are two extra snares, the Ayotte custom maple sprano and a Jeff Ocheltree “Spirit of 2002″ 5-1/2”. There is an alternate EQ of the Ocheltree snare also.

There is one extra Kick, the aforementioned 22×18″ Ayotte, with alternate EQs for the 24″ and 22″ Ayottes.

The Ayotte and Gretsch kits are six-piece, the Dunnet Ludwig is a four-piece (RT1 & FT1). All drums sound full and punchy, very well tuned and recorded as we’ve become accustomed to from TT and as you’d expect from the source pedigree, lots of body and impact for the intended genres, much use is made of ambient and compressed room mics in the default setting and very impressive it is too.

Only slight disappointment is the two FT2 drums don’t quite match the fullness of their FT1 kin for a produced sound, upsetting the running balance, but this is a perennial real-world issue for low-tuned Floor toms and I guess it gives us something to do in the mix .

I did also expect more kicks and snares from the marketing-blurb, one extra kick with two alternate EQs and two extra snares with one alternate EQ has to be hyped a bit to be described as “Three complete kits, a large collection of cymbals, extra snares & kicks.” -but to be fair it is all listed out in the details tab in black and white. Do I really care? -Nope, I’m going back through some of my past projects to find what needs these fat roomy toms, and for some reason I’ve got a bit of a thing for the Gtetsch kick and the Ludwig Black magic snare.

Oh, and there’re some cymbals too. Someone else can describe them, I’ve not got that far yet

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Jay Coover
    Participant

I do want to, probably will, but not until the price normalizes. 😉

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Nathan
    Participant

I’ll email you single samples until you cave in 😉

(no, that probably contravenes the EULA)

>

Jay Coover
    Participant

Looks like two SDX’s with accompanying MIDI coming up in the next two weeks, based on the black box shapes on the Metal Month announcement page.

I’ll have to start saving. I was thinking metal was pretty well covered so far. Was hoping for an Ethnic Percussion SDX or early Vintage SDX soon. Still, I do like rock drums. 😉

Cubase 7 was just announced too. Looks like my kids get coal in their stockings for Christmas this year.

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Too many cool things I want and not enough money! I just got two new Telecasters… See, Toontrack, this is why I need to know in advance when you guys are releasing products. You can’t just suprise me. I won’t have money! Quick! Somebody, give me about $900.00.

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Jason Hood
    Participant

looks more like 2 midi and 2 producer presets.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.