request: sd2 general mapping preset

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • John

Hi,

though this is the Requests and Feedback section, I feel I need to reply: I think you may need to visit the manual my friend, because you have all the possibilities in the world with the Preset handling in Superior 2.

You can not only save and load parts (i.e. X-drums, Layer Limits, Drum Kit, Humanize, Soft Vel Limit, Polyphony, Bleed, Envelope, Pitch, MIDI Nodes, MIDI Mapping) of Projects and the Combined Presets to all or selected drums; you can also save and load Kit Pieces, X-drums, Envelopes, Voices & Layer, EZ mixer, MIDI Mapping, MIDI Nodes and Velocity Ctrl via their own menus to all or selected as well as the Channel Presets and FX Presets.

If you map your, say MIDI pad controller, in a special way, the mapping does not reset if you switch instrument on e.g. the Snare. If you switch your main library, yes but then it isn’t harder than saving the MIDI preset before switching main library and then recalling it (or parts of it). Why it resets when switching your main library is due to several reasons but one being that the main library isn’t necessarily a drum kit.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

peri
    Participant

Hm, maybe I have to go into this again. Different Libraries have different features – EZX in SD2 have different hi hats and snares, some SDXs have positional sensing on snare, some not. Some have tom rim sounds. Sometimes I use x-drums for one or two extra toms. I mix parts from different libraries using x-drums. I want to keep special velocity setting, envelopes and get rid of unused articulations. Using a preset for the whole kit messed things up. I ended up making midi presets for different part types, i.e. EZ snare, SD pos. snare, SD non pos. snare, etc. and applied them individually. Then assigning x-drum mics, eventually correcting note mapping or adding an envelope preset. Do you have a suggestion how this process can be simplyfied?
    Just an idea: having a kind of predefined slots where you can drag the instruments into. These slots could have check boxes “EZ, pos., non pos.” when neccessary, or apply the “flavour” automatically…

Regards,
    Peter

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.