Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Redundant Sonalksis Plug-ins

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott

Astounding as usual Farbeyond…

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

+1

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

I’ve never used Sonalkis plugins, but from what I’ve read, they have a decent reputation.  However, I agree that the FX included with SD2 are rather featureless.  I think it would be great if TT added a dozen or so presets for each plugin, as they’re a little hard to manipulate for me.  A convolution reverb would be a godsend, but I read in another thread that it wasn’t going to happen.  I don’t really see what the big deal is though.  For the longest time, BFD didn’t have any FX at all.  By the same token, if you’re going to include FX, they should be at least as good as the parent product.

My two cents.

Windows 10, REAPER, ADK edrums, Mimic Pro and DDTi TMIs

Tom
    Participant

I am sure Sonalksis could deliver absolutely excellent plugins for Superior 2. If you check the prices in their homepage, you could get an idea about what such plugins would cost.

I don’t use their plugins in Toontrack, but I still think it is a good idea to have them for users to share presets and to buy the relatively cheap presets Toontrack offers. Then you can do the same thing with your UAD2 or Sonnox plugins each of which cost roughly the same as the entire Superior 2 basic package.

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: tombuur

I am sure Sonalksis could deliver absolutely excellent plugins for Superior 2. If you check the prices in their homepage, you could get an idea about what such plugins would cost.

I don’t use their plugins in Toontrack, but I still think it is a good idea to have them for users to share presets and to buy the relatively cheap presets Toontrack offers. Then you can do the same thing with your UAD2 or Sonnox plugins each of which cost roughly the same as the entire Superior 2 basic package.

I guess you are right.  We cannot expect UADs in the S2 mixer.  And actually, I want to make one correction – the transient designer I find works well on snare but not tight enough on low frequencies such as for kick.  EQ is not bad for cyms on high end… and mid bass is ok…   but same thing, as you get to the low end I just find that accuracy just drops and it loses focus.  This is strange.  The filter is ok but there is no numerical intication of your cut-off point.  And sometimes I like a touch of a narrow boost at around 500-515k for certain snares that resonate around that range but I cannot narrow the focus enough to that, so i have to increase the release time of the transient designer but its not the same intended feel of cosu.  Am i the only one irritated to death by these things?

Whitten
    Participant

I use other plugs for detailed and extensive modifying.

redlogic
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

I use other plugs for detailed and extensive modifying.

+1

Macmini 2019 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

It’s a 3 year old piece of software…lots of things have happened in the sound processing department the last 3 years.
    But the plug-ins were good for their time…and I use them all the time still.
    Mostly miss having a saturator and a reverb inside the mixer.

I suppose they are working hard on S3.0 …and on implementing all their experience from the EZmix technology into the new superior mixer.

NI are coming with a “drummer” and Slate is as well…so I bet they are due with something exciting to stay ahead of the competition

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.