Question/Problem with “Partial Download”

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rogue

well, I don’t know about you but going through a ‘test purchase’ at my end, I see quite clearly the following in my cart: Custom & Vintage SDX Upgrade – Partial Download

Anyway, the Custom & Vintage SDX has nothing to do with the original legacy product, except for the fact that they both derive from the same recording session.

So, no interference with your existing projects using your ‘legacy’ set. In fact you cannot port these projects upon upgrade since enough has changed to make this a bad idea.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rob Laufer
    Participant

thanks for the advice rogue.

and yes i do see now that it says “partial download” on the cart page.
    but can you tell me why it says “buy download” instead of “buy partial download” on the main product page? tell me why this isnt sneaky? partial download – is there a precedent?

rob

ps sorry to give you a hard time here. i love your product….but advertising a download for 89$, when i could have gotten the full product cheaper and probably sooner…..doesnt sit well with me.

Rogue

you are buying the full product, with downloadable teaser so you can get started while discs are in transit. It is a different delivery method, nothing more. Incidentally both methods are available from most retailers (whether they apply similar offers on both is up to them however).

… I really don’t see the malice in the way it is advertised on our site, but if you have a complain I would write to the shipping/office address using the main site contact form as I can hardly help you make feel any better about your purchase at this point 🙂

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Darcy Phillips
    Participant

I have to chime in here with some measure of agreement with the original post. Time is of the essence for me, and is the reason I chose the “buy download” method, even though it is more expensive for me than buying from a retailer. I did see that it was labeled as a “partial download,” but that isn’t a lot of information to go on. How partial? What is excluded? There is no way to know till after purchase.

However a bigger issue for me is the shipment information. I did not dig deeply enough into the faqs to learn that, even though the shipping is free, which is great, it is estimated at 7 to 10 business days(which I have to say caused me a bit of alarm) and not only do I not have the option of expediting that, I have no tracking number to know where the shipment is. I’m sure it will all work out, but as the customer I am used to having more control over these elements, especially with a client breathing down my neck.

I do love the idea of getting the software up and running immediately and being able to figure out the registration process etc., I think that’s a great idea. I just think there could be a bit more offered in terms of information and options. I’m sure it will all work out, but in retrospect it seems I would have been better off just ordering the boxed product from an online retailer.

Thanks! Darcy

Darcy Phillips
    Participant

I guess I also should have added that my stress is mitigated considerably by the fact that the downloaded part of the program sounds really fantastic. I am excited about working with the program! So thank you.

Trace
    Participant

I too am a long time Toontrack customer. I have purchased several libs from you by DL and have yet to encounter the partial DL However, I just fell for it.

I have the very same issues that the above posters do. I have had issues in the past receiving product in a timely manner from Toontrack, and I really don’t like not having a tracking number, or the opportunity to choose shipping details and methods.

I too love your products, I am not happy with this aspect.

Think a great thought and send it into the world.

Please listen:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=442608

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.