Presonus Studio One Artist EZ Drummer Lite upgrade

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rogue

EZDrummer Lite and the full version are designed to be interchangeable at our end of the coding, and yes you may upgrade.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

qtowens
    Participant

Hello,

I also have the EZDrummer Lite that came with the PreSonus S1A download. I get what you are saying, that the coding is the same for the lite vs. the regular EZDrummer and the product key is what unlocks the software for full use.

So, I think you’re saying that “upgrade” to the full version of EZDrummer will be fully functional and transparent to S1A since the code doesn’t change, just the “privileges” so that now all functions are enabled… right…?

If so, it looks like the UPGRADE software option is more expensive ATM than just buying a full copy of EZDrummer. Would I be able to use a new, full version of EZDrummer in S1A vs. having to update the “lite” version?
    Except for what came bundled with it, S1A DOES NOT support VST plugins, hence the reason for the clarification.

Thanks,

QT

John

QT,

EZdrummer upgrade/Full version does not unlock a Lite install, it’s a completely new installation.

I am personally not familiar with the Studio One products but if a host doesn’t support VST, AU or RTAS plugins, you can’t use EZdrummer with it- Lite or Full.

I hope this clarifies.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Martin

Presonus Studio One Artist does not vork with third party VST:s, with some exceptions and EZ Lite / EZdrummer is one of them.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

qtowens
    Participant

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!

I’m just getting into DAW recording and the EZDrummer Lite that came pre-packaged with my PreSonus S1A download seems really cool!!

I planned on getting the upgrade to EZDrummer, but the upgrade costs MORE than just buiyng it outright ATM so I think I’m gonna go and get me a full version from GC or somewhere…

Anyway, thanks for making a great product!

QT

Krytonsbeast
    Participant

Hi,

I have Studio One Artist (4 , I think) I also bought EZdrummer2 to use with it.

Can it be done? I was told yes it works .

I’m on PC and for the life of me I cannot get it go in to plugins.

Also, in the Studio One settings I have :

User Data – File Types – Sound Sets – Instrument Library

On YouTube help vids there is a VST there too. Not on mine.

I am lost, I’m not a tech wiz, but not a luddite either. I have the .dll location, it is provided.

But I’ve been going around in circles. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

Hi, if it is Studio One Artist 4, I am pretty certain you need to buy the VST/AU Add-on, at least according to this thread over at Presonus:
    https://answers.presonus.com/29541/studio-artist-require-rewire-support-for-third-party-plugins

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.