Presets

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Jay Coover
    Participant

Did you try tweaking some of the knobs on the left side? Variations on the presets galore.

They’ll need to add a woody closed-top upright someday, you just can’t fake that with a tone control, but I was actually pretty impressed with the flexibility of the single piano through the varying options available within those individual presets.

Looking forward to the MIDI packs.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Cary King
    Participant

Hi,

“Left side” of what? Are you using the demo version? Because on the left side of the ‘Song Browser Preset’ window it reads ‘Disabled in demo version’. The only knobs that can be tweaked on this thing are the Reverb, Tone, Comp and Detail.

Scott

How many presets do you have in your Preset menu? Do the 4 knobs change what is controlled when you select a different preset?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cary King
    Participant

Scott I truly appreciate you trying to help; how many presets do I have…I have no idea. I have the demo version – what ever comes with the demo version is what I have. The knobs you are talking, again I have no idea. I have the knobs that I mentioned in my previous post, that’s all I have.

So back to my original question: Did you folks limit the number of presets in the demo version? Will the purchased version have more preset options?

Scott

I’m trying to ascertain if you have some kind of bug in your demo. There should be a list of 14 presets in the demo (same as the full version) and when you switch between them, the 4 buttons to the left of the transport section should change parameters with each preset selected.

Does your demo not contain 14 presets and does your demo preset parameter knobs not change when you select a new preset?

Using the 4 knobs per preset, there is a wide range of sounds that can be achieved.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

sunmachine
    Participant

I’ve 14 sound presets in the demo version, but I guess csiking is referring to MIDI presets!?

Scott

What are MIDI presets?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

sunmachine
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Scott

What are MIDI presets?

The MIDI files in the Song Browser

Scott

Oh, Ok.

There should be quite alot of MIDI grooves in the Song Browser.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cary King
    Participant

Ah I now see the confusion my apologies and yes, it’s my bad. I do mean the midi files (presets) in the Song Browser – I’m sorry for the confusion. Yes, so with that my question should be are the grooves in the song browser the same number in the demo as with the bought version? Seems kind of limited.

Scott

Yes, the grooves in the demo should be the same as the full version.

There should be quite a lot of MIDI grooves.

– 45 songs in 9 genres.
    – each song is broken into song sections (Intro, Verse, Pre Chorus, Chorus, Bridge). Not every song has all song sections though.
    – each song section has 4 variations (a few have 3 variations). Variation 1 is more simple and gets more ‘complicated’ as you move down to Variation 4
    – 45 songs, 4 or 5 song sections per song, 4 grooves each song section = about 900 grooves
    – folder of FX grooves (rise/falls) and endings as well as a folder of ‘Basic Chords’ that has single chords, rolling chords, rhythmic chords, broken chords.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jay Coover
    Participant

The grooves seem to be fairly long too. Longer than your average EZDrummer/Superior groove.

You will likely have to do some editing beyond just changing the chords to make them work for your song, but the parts are there, human feel and all.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.