Preferred DAW

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Shootie
    Participant

I would say any DAW. If you don’t know where to start and your Mac based, just go Garageband for free. On the PC side, Reaper is only $60 or something with a full demo. If budget is not a concern the sky is the limit. I use Pro Tools. But if you’re endeavors are only music based, especially with midi, I might recommend something else like Cakewalk. If you’re a Mac only type and want something more than Garagband, Logic exists.

The DAW is really about the quality hardware you plug into it and the 3rd party software/plugins you use with it, IMO. Most DAWs really do the same thing. Typically when you get use to one, you tend to promote it as being better, but the reality is, you’re just use to it. Pro Tools is an amazing powerhouse and can really handle huge workflows like feature films and stuff, but competitive DAWs have better midi tricks which I’m envious of. If you’re just getting your feet wet and want to play around, try free demos. Keep in mind that free versions of popular software tend to not support 3rd party plugins, like EZD2. But tend to have an entry level version of their program that will work with EZ for like $100… like Studio One or Ableton.

EZD3 Tutorials | EZK2 Tutorials | Toontrack themed FB Group | Toontrack themed Discord Group

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.