Possible Orchestra Tympani/Percussion Pack?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Martin

As boring as it might be, we never comment on any future releases. Sorry!

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

And with various NI, libraries, I kinda think that toontrack would have to do something pretty special in order to be able to have an offering that’s comparable.

Just look at anything by East West or Project Sam

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

jim covington
    Participant

However….. the problem with software from East West and the many others…. these are not an EZ fix to start off a mix for the beginner movie or TV composer who is just starting out.

After 47 years+ of spending thousands of hours mixing…. the last thing I want to do now [and I would think a young composer would want to do instead of creating QUICKLY and making money through submissions] is spend more days fiddling around with a company’s dials to try and figure out how I can eliminate their ‘trade mark’ Wall of Sound that is so prevalent in so many of the movie sound tracks released…. in the movie industry, that sound is becoming stale….

There is a need for a NEW sound….

my thoughts are that Toontrack is on the correct path by offering the EZ mix product line….. a quick insert to start the creative touch….

Toontrack…. you cover rock, country, rap, metal, etc. admirably…… but you are lacking the basic orchestra.

John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Bruce Broughton, Danny Elfman, Mike Patti, and the 10’s of thousands of other composers around the world do have their favorite software and settings, but for the up and coming movie score composer who can’t afford $50,000 worth of software to get started….. Well… Toontrack… this is where YOU could come in.

No one else is thinking along this line….. for the beginning movie score composer…..

just some fleeting thoughts…. please bear with my aging mind…

Jim Covington

Skyview Records

Rex Strother
    Participant

Thanks Jim – I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks Toontrack could make an awesome EZX (or okay, maybe SDX) with a fantastic starter kit of orchestral drums – or oriental drums – for people who already love Toontrack products. With EZ Keys (concert grand) coming, maybe some timpani is not so far-fetched.

Win-7 64-bit Home Edition, i7-920 quad-core 2.66 GHz, 6 GB DDR3 Pro Tools 10.2, MBox Pro (3rd Gen), M-Audio Oxygen 25 Superior Drummer 2.3, Garritan IO, Massey Plug-ins

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.