Output from EZKeys to a MIDI Track

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brad
    Participant

It’s not clear (to me anyway) exactly what you are trying to record MIDI to? When you build a track/song in EZKeys (or EZDrummer, SD3, etc…) you are essentially constructing a song with MIDI in EZKeys. If you want to export that “song” to something else (a DAW – Digital Audio Workstation for example) you could drag the MIDI from EZKeys (standalone) to your host desktop (Windows/Mac) and import into the DAW. Some DAWs support dragging and dropping directly, while some don’t, which is why I described dragging to the desktop first, which is most cases I know will work.

Running EZKeys as a plug-in within a DAW (like Mixcraft, Protools, Studio One, etc..) allows you to output the audio played by EZKeys to an audio track or in many cases drag the MIDI to a MIDI or instrument track within the workstation.
    I hope something in there helps answer your question.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Mark Styles
    Participant

He most likely wants to record the midi into his DAW, and use a different instrument.  I personally don’t care for most of the EZ keys sounds, others may.

Getting the mdi out is of prime importance.  Compare the sound it outputs to UVI, Kontakt, Pianoteq libraries – I would suspect there should  be a way to do it.  I’m playing with trial version, and haven’t found a way yet.

Vjeko
    Participant

He most likely wants to record the midi into his DAW, and use a different instrument.  I personally don’t care for most of the EZ keys sounds, others may.

Getting the mdi out is of prime importance.  Compare the sound it outputs to UVI, Kontakt, Pianoteq libraries – I would suspect there should  be a way to do it.  I’m playing with trial version, and haven’t found a way yet.

Menu -> Song Track -> Export song as MIDI File

• This post was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Vjeko.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.