Ok would someone please tell me how you drag/drop an arrangement to your host?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • chris harbin
    Participant

Ok, export as midi is a bit cumbersome, is the only other way to just select all the clips and then drag/drop? (that actually works)

Henrik
    Participant

There are basically 3 ways of how you can get the MIDI out from EZdrummer 2 to your host:
    1. Drag and drop from EZdrummer 2’s song track in to your host. This is the easiest and recommended way.
    2. From the track menu, you can export the MIDI to a MIDI file which you import to your host.
    3. You can record arm your track in your host while playing back the MIDI from EZdrummer 2 – which will make your host record the MIDI.

All these ways of getting MIDI out from EZdrummer 2 will create one resulting MIDI file/block, even if it’s separated into song parts (chorus, verse etc.) in EZdrummer 2, since we unfortunately can’t control how the resulting MIDI will be split up.

Does this answer your question?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

chris harbin
    Participant

The key seems to be you must select all of the song to do the whole thing, if you don’t select all the clips you just get the one midi clip.

Scott

Zoom out in the Song Track. Right-click in an area of the Song Track where there is no MIDI. Click ‘Select All’. Drag to host.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Neglia
    Participant

What kind of track should I insert? Audio, MIDI, or soft synth?

Scott

@rickyneg said:

To drag the MIDI to?

A MIDI track of course!

This is assuming you are using EZD2 in a host and not in standalone.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

chris harbin
    Participant

@Scott said:

Zoom out in the Song Track. Right-click in an area of the Song Track where there is no MIDI. Click ‘Select All’. Drag to host.

That makes sense now, thanks everyone.

straightener
    Participant

@rickyneg said:

I’m a long time user of Cakewalk, and I use EZ Drummer in X2 Studio for Windows. After much trial and error, I’ve learned to create a soft-synth for the drag-n-dropped MIDI files. Then, if I wish to add my own accents, I create a MIDI track that is driven by another peripheral. In my case a Yamaha DTXplorer V-drum kit. You then add audio tracks as needed for the other instruments.

Jason
    Participant

i am unable to drag anything from ezdrummer2 to to my host digital performer like in ezdrummer 1, i don’t want to use the song track in the ezdrummer plug in window, i just want to drag the midi clips from the ezdrummer VI browser into DP. it’s not working and i just upgraded and this is a major problem, please help!! thanks

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I can’t speak to DP but Drag&Drop of MIDI clips works fine from the Browser tab
    and from the Search tab into MIDI/Instrument tracks in Logic Pro X and in Pro Tools 11 without use of the Song Track at all.

Jason
    Participant

it’s weird and i am puzzled. i worked just fine yesterday, dragging and dropping, with the exact same software/system using ezdrummer 1. i upgraded to ezdrummer 2 today and now, no dice. i don’t know what i should do. it seems ez2 and dp8 maybe don’t jive. i emailed support so we’ll see. if there is no workaround, i may have to revert somehow back to ez1, which for all practical purposes was working fine and is sufficient for me. i just had a gift cert and thought i’d appreciate the new feature in version 2. dang it……

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Hopefully you supplied Support with a few more details; like at a minimum your OS & RAM.
    I know that you have said that you prefer to Drag&Drop directly from the Browser
    but (as a workaround and as a means of diagnosis) CAN you drag MIDI clips from the Song Track into DP?
    Can you Drag&Drop from EZDrummer2 to your Desktop and THEN from the Desktop into DP as a workaround?

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

PS. If you absolutely feel that you need to (at least ’til your DP issues are resolved),
    you should be able to uninstall EZDrummer2 and reinstall EZDrummer1 from your Toontrack account.

Jason
    Participant

hey gseshleman,
    thanks for trying to help me out, i appreciate it. i provided toontrack with all my system specs etc. i had tried dragging from the song track and also first to desktop and then to dp but those ideas didn’t work either, although i have stumbled on a possible solution. in dp, there is a “conductor track” that manages meter, time signature changes etc….i usually have that hidden since i don’t use it much once i initially set my meter and tempo for whatever song i am working on. in any case, when i “show” the conductor track in the edit view, i can drag and drop from the ez song track or ez browser into the respective ezdrummer midi track, provided that midi track and the conductor track are immediately adjacent to each other. the only problem is that once the midi data has been dropped, it also inserts odd meter data into the conductor track, which i have to delete right away to keep the measure count straight. i think it’s workable. nonetheless, i am curious to hear what toontrack might say but for now i think i am ok. again thanks, i appreciate your help.
    all the best,
    jay

Jason
    Participant

to futher clarify, the data i have to delete is only in the conductor track (meter data) not the note data in the adjacent midi track. that data can remain and triggers ezdrummer properly……thx, jay

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.