No shuffle? EZD2

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

No extra MIDI pack required in Tap2Find for a swing/shuffle. Just make sure you have the Quantize menu set for 1/8 Triplet or some other Triplet setting.

Having said that, there isn’t a large amount of shuffle MIDI in the MIDI that is included with EZD2. There are some swing 3/4, swing 6/8, and swing 4/4 grooves.

If you’re interested in finding a closer MIDI groove after you’ve searched in Tap2Find, you can click the ‘Show Webshop MIDI’ button in the Search page and it may display MIDI closer to what you are looking for and you can purchase the MIDI packs if you want. For example, there more shuffle MIDI in the Blues MIDI pack and the Blues EZX MIDI pack.

I can’t comment on the dragging a shuffle groove from your host into EZD2. I don’t have a host that can do that.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

You can see the MIDI that is shuffle by selecting “Shuffle” in the Play Style column in the filters. In the same manner, you can see the MIDI that is swing by selecting “Swing” under the Type column. Too see all MIDI that included in each of these tags, remove the file from Tap2Find.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Jacob
    Participant

@thomas911 said:
    I also noticed (when I draged in a shuffle beat from my host) that the “amount knob” seem to ad hits with a “straight” feel to only, even if the groove is shuffle feel. (?)

Since it’s not internal midi, EZdrummer tries do decide wether the file is straight or shuffle and this could have gone wrong. To contribute to further improvements go to https://ftpserver.toontrack.net/upload
    and upload the midi then let us know here and we’ll take a look. Thanks!

Jacob Norén - Toontrack
    Coder

Martin

There is some shuffle MIDI included with the stock EZdrummer 2 MIDI. If you can’t find it using Tap2Find, try using the filters and select “Shuffle” as Playing Style. You can also go directly to the browser and look in the EZdrummer 2 folder under Midtempo – Straight 12/8.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.