Midi pack files and overlap

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott

There is no duplicate MIDI grooves unless otherwise noted in the product description.

For example, the Indie Folk MIDI pack states on the product page:

‘Please note that this is the same MIDI as included in the Indie Folk EZX. ‘

Otherwise, there is no redundant MIDI between the packs.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

samtrack
    Participant

I have an additional question. I have EZ Drummer 2, plus Latin EZX and Jazz EZX expansion kits that I just bought. If I purchase MIDI groove packs (e.g. Pop, Blues, and Rock, and Americana), some of the midi samples are drawn/created from EZX expansion kits that I have not purchased and are not installed. Will midi grooves from Midi packs that are created using EZX expansion drums (eg. if a groove was created using the Nashville EZX or Blues EZX) that I don’t have still work using the kits that are installed on my version of EZ Drummer 2?

Scott

The MIDI mapping for EZdrummer libraries and EZXs are compatible. Some libraries have specific mapping for extra instruments. For example, the Latin Percussion EZX MIDI won’t work that well with a traditional kick/snare/hats kit. Some libraries have some specialized mapping bit, in general, the mapping is consistent across the libraries.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Some of the grooves really, really shine when played on the kit libraries on which they were originally performed/created,
    the Latin and Jazz EZX expansions probably being the most shining examples.

samtrack
    Participant

Agreed, which is why I purchased both Latin and Jazz. Thanks for the quick and on-point replies.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.