MIDI mapping – only numbers, no notes?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Mario Krušelj
    Participant

I think they wanted to alleviate the confusion, because different DAWs use different octave numbers. Some use C3 for middle C, some use C4, some use C5! An option to switch between either of those and numbers can’t hurt, though.

Henrik
    Participant

We are still making some final tweaks on the software, we will see what we can manage to get into the final product! This kind of feedback is great for us. After All – we make this software to please our customers 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

kwackman
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Henrik.
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Mac Pro (Cheese-grater) -Cubase - Superior Drummer 3.

olliepudge
    Participant

Will SD3 also have the MIDI learn button?

Thanks!

John

@olliepudge said:
    Will SD3 also have the MIDI learn button?

Thanks!  

Yes,

you will be able to Learn and/or drag articulations on a MIDI layout directly from the Drums page and also in the MIDI In/E-drums Settings page, where you can map (Learn) notes, CC messages, etc.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

olliepudge
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks John!

kwackman
    Participant

@kwackman said:
    Hi,
    I was looking at a review on Ask Audio, and noted that the MIDI mapping seems to refer to midi notes only as numbers, not their notes values, e.g. C#3 etc.
    If this is true, then building drum maps in Cubase is going to be a lot harder than SD2. —SNIP—
    I’m not sure how many people use Cubase to build their own drum maps (maybe not many!) but I’m one who does this a lot, and this hurts a bit!
    I may have mis-read the review or maybe the release version will be different or I may have missed something obvious.  

@Henrik said:
    We are still making some final tweaks on the software, we will see what we can manage to get into the final product! 🙂  

I’ve had a quick look and it seems like I got my wish, nice one!

Guy Rowland
    Participant

I’ve had a quick look and it seems like I got my wish, nice one!  

Huh… there it is in the manual, exactly what we want, but I can’t find that setting in real life in 3.0.1… would love to!

On a related note, would like an option in the Show menu to have Midi Mapping Keys, sw we can always see what’s going on.

kwackman
    Participant

@noiseboyuk said:

Huh… there it is in the manual, exactly what we want, but I can’t find that setting in real life in 3.0.1… would love to!

On a related note, would like an option in the Show menu to have Midi Mapping Keys, sw we can always see what’s going on.  

I haven’t used it in anger, but this is where I found what I think I want!
    RHS drop down> Midi Mapping> Click on the 3 small horizontal lines (settings?) > and select “Show Keys”.

Guy Rowland
    Participant

@kwackman said:

I haven’t used it in anger, but this is where I found what I think I want!
    RHS drop down> Midi Mapping> Click on the 3 small horizontal lines (settings?) > and select “Show Keys”.  

Oh glory be you found it! Thanks so much – miles better.

Henrik
    Participant

If you set up Superior Drummer 3 as you like it (show certain Property Boxes, show MIDI Mapping Keys, select “Keys” instead of note etc.) – go to File menu and select “Set Current to Default Project”. This is what Superior Drummer 3 will show next time you start it 🙂

This does, by the way, also apply to any filters you have set in Grooves, MIDI you have on the song track, presets selected etc.

Toontrack

Giulius Spiridion
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    We are still making some final tweaks on the software, we will see what we can manage to get into the final product! This kind of feedback is great for us. After All – we make this software to please our customers 🙂  

Hi, Henrik. Some news about this?
    Tks

Henrik
    Participant

@Giulius Spiridion said:

Hi, Henrik. Some news about this?
    Tks  

You can switch between showing midi notes and keys (c, c#, d etc)!

Toontrack

Giulius Spiridion
    Participant

Where? Help, please.midi-int-midi-note-no-chart.jpg

kwackman
    Participant

@Giulius Spiridion said:
    Where? Help, please.  

Read post 10 above.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.