Midi control for live performance

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

There’s nothing built-in but what I am thinking is if there is a MIDI message converter that can turn your pedal switches into keyboard Arrow Down/Up, it could perhaps work if you create a Favourites list and step through them?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Torray654
    Participant

Hello John,

Thank you for the reply. That might work I will see if I can figure something out.

NOTE: Job for R&D, create a control box/rack system like Eleven Rack that programmed tones from EZ-mix can be sent to and used live. Needs to be able to be used by Drummers. Keyboard, vocals and GUITARISTS. New Hardware and marketing divisions need to be created. Advantage we have some of the best tones and tools in the market.
    Smaller versions of stomp boxes could be used for Drums, keyboards and vocals. Long term goal create a system that could control all systems for cover and original material bands. Other competitors to look at are Line 6 (Helix, POD HD) and Boss (GT100) type systems. End goal, Take over the world. (Pinky and the Brain quote)
    Guitarist should take first priority.

Always nice to dream, wish I had a couple million dollars to get it started =P

Best Regards,
    Shayne

Damian Donnelly
    Participant

Hi,

I asked after this too years ago. It’s madness not to support midi program change with such a great bank of sounds.

Whats the alternative, go out and buy some other non- toontracks product?  Not after investing already in something that sounds awesome. All the great sounds are there, just needs the control logic adding, maybe some UI to stitch patches to programs, a basic list is all that’s needed ????. How about a survey to see how many people would want this? Even as an add-on (I would buy it)..

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

I’ve managed to program tracks as midi patches in Reaper. Works in windows. You can try it to see if it works for you. You’ll want to have a computer with a screen, mouse and keyboard close by.

Note: If you’re trying to play live without a drummer or other instruments, and doing this as full songs, you’ll need a computer with a lot of memory (16gigs or more), and a minimum of an i7 processor. You may still have to only load have your set, then load the other half in the middle to avoid glitches.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=221919

**It’s completely nuts that there isn’t a direct way to use a midi floorboard with ezmix.

“It is better to play than do nothing”

Confucius

• This post was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Aaron Morgan.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.