I have about 50 songs with SD2 using Pro tools. I just bought SD3 and want to use these wonderful sounding drums but I cant find a way for SD3 to read the midi notes on the instrument track tat was formally SD2. I believe its just the mappings? How can I easily re-map? Is there a tutorial for folks that need to do this who relied so heavily on SD2?
the Default mapping for Superior 2 is GM Extended, which is the same for Superior 3, so you must have used another mapping in your old songs with Superior 2.
Could you perhaps have used the legacy Superior (1) mapping?
To use your MIDI mapping from Superior Drummer 2:
1. Save your MIDI Map within Superior Drummer 2
2. In Superior Drummer 3, open the “MIDI Mapping” panel located on the right side of the interface of the Drums Tab
3. Click the “MIDI In/E-Drums Settings…” button
4. In the upper left of the “MIDI In/E-Drums Settings” window, click the dropdown menu most likely labeled “Default”
5. Scroll down to the menu item labeled “S2 User Preset” to select your Superior Drummer 2 MIDI map (see screenshot below)
Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core - Mac OS X 10.11.6 - Logic Pro X 10.3.2 - Superior Drummer 3.0.2
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forward Forum Post
Read moreI accept
Get all the latest on new releases, updates and offers directly to your inbox.