Manage Library Locations in Product Manager?

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Product Manager doesn’t have the feature to change paths for installed libraries. But I’ll take a note of it as a feature request!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Greg Bass
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.   Native Instruments Product Manager is quite nice.  It offers options for programme file, documentation and library locations.

Not directly related to this post,  Additional Libraries was grayed out in SD3.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  No Custom option appeared for library  just VST X64 location option.  I just did the registry edit to fix it.

123Daniel123
    Participant

Your Product Manager is a disgrace. Expensive products, crap infrastructure.

Operating system: Windows 10
    Doug Walker
    Participant

You really need to update the product manager.  Having to install products one at a time, clicking “accept” every time for the EULA, clicking button after button is really tedious and unnecessary.  It takes FOREVER to do a complete reinstall.

starfunkl
    Participant

Something like this would be amazing – so far I’m trying to get Product Manager to recognize a non-standard installation directory (an external SSD for all the sample libraries), and it’s failing to recognize products as Installed. Product Manager is janky as all hell…

John

Hi starfunkl,

could you please elaborate?

Which products do you have and which ones are on your SSD and what do you mean with non-standard installation directory?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

starfunkl
    Participant

Hi John,

I’ve got SD3. I wanted to install the library files on an external SSD, while keeping the actual SD3 VST on my C drive – I have a PC and a laptop that I use for mixing, and I want to be able to just move the external drive between them to save space on the laptop.

I managed to self-resolve by opening up SD3 and choosing the library locations from there. After doing that and then reopening Product Manager, Product Manager recognised the new Library installation directories.

Cheers,
    Mark

Thanked by: John
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.