MacBook pro m1

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • ROBERT M LISANTI
    Participant

It will work with Rosetta according to what they told me in messenger last week

packep
    Participant

Any one knows when we can expect a version build for the M1 chipset?

Rosetta works but not good enough, to much crashes.

Ryan McCoy
    Participant

I would love to see M1 integration too.  I was just about to purchase easy drummer right before I saw the system requirements.

BradleyM
    Participant

I would love to see M1 integration too.  I was just about to purchase easy drummer right before I saw the system requirements.

Same. They are absolutely losing money by not taking SD3 to full M1 Chip compatibility.  Certainly hundreds, and that’s just from me.

Better get on that quick SD3!

John

They are absolutely losing money by not taking SD3 to full M1 Chip compatibility.

Who says they’re not?
    But it’s better that it’s working as expected and across the entire product line, IMHO, than releasing something fast. It’s still pretty much only Apple products (as in hosts) that are Silicon Native. Patience, young Jedi

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Rogue
    harald
    Participant

any news – i see sd2 runs native – great but i must install this rosetta for the produkt manager – i dont want install rosetta at all

John

Hi Harald,

you mean SD3 runs as Silicon native, as well as the other current virtual Instruments. SD2 was discontinued a long time ago.
    The Product Manager is not yet Silicon native.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

harald
    Participant

thx john – sorry i mean ez drummer 2 run native – maybe the produktmanager runs also native in a few weeks

Mario Aguilera
    Participant

Hello , sorry I am confused , only a little bitt, are SD3 and all toontracks producst finally running native with M1 chip?

harald
    Participant

i dont know for all – i installed today ez drummer 2 – ez bass – and ez keys – all running native now – only the product manager needs this shit rosetta – the other 3 runs superfast and smooth on the m1 – great ! its fun how fast it is

Albecker
    Participant

I plan to get a MacBook Pro with M1 chip. I have a bunch of your products, love them, but the crown jewel is Superior Drummer 3. Unfortunately it’s a CPU hog. My question: is Toontrack making a M1 version of Superior Drummer 3 to run natively on the new generation of Apple computers. Please don’t rely on Rosetta Stone bailout or a Covid excuse. Also, would it be quicker to store Superior Drummer content on an external SSD while using Pro Logic DAW?

harald
    Participant

i dont have sd3 – see the post before – nothing new

John

Hi,

@Albecker:
    Superior Drummer is native Apple Silicon since version 3.2.5, released in the beginning of September 2021.
    The loading times having your libraries on an SSD is far shorter than with HDD’s, internal or external. Then there’s also a difference between having an USB-C hard drive chassi or a Thunderbolt one. I have the latter and I load massive 7-8GB kits in seconds.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

harald
    Participant

john – when comes the produkt manager native ?

John

@harald:
    I am sorry but I do not know, I’m just a Technical advisor here on the Forum. Since about everything else is silicon native by now, I can’t imagine it being far away but again, I have no further information.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.