Lead Sheets for EZKeys

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

I’m not sure what DAW you use, but in Cubase 6 you can do this using the scoring features. Drag your MIDI from the EZkeys song track onto a MIDI track in Cubase and score it out.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

ProTools 10, too.

10.3, 10.1 & 10.0 as well.

Bill Roufs
    Participant

I have Cubase 6, and when I import a midi file from EZ Keys and display it in Score in Cubase, it does not automatically show chord progression. I have scoured the documentation in C6 and apparently you have to enter each chord manually. It does not display them automatically above the staff. I may be missing something here but I haven’t figured out the display chords.

conan55
    Participant

My DAW is Logic Pro. I am able to see the notes from a midi file track, however I don’t see chord names, like CMaj7, Fmi9, E Add11 etc like I would see in the Real Book.

I certainly can analyze the notes and subsequently write the chord names on some staff paper, it seems rather primitive in this day and age, not to mention tedious.

EzKeys2 already has the chord names displayed at the bottom of the page. They’re not always completely visible depending on how many chord changes per measure there are. For instance I might only see the “C” of a C13b9b5 chord because there isn’t enough room. Obviously if I use the Edit Chord feature I will see the complete chord name. This is a pain however. The chord data already exists, it just has to be formatted like someone might see in the Real Book, on virtual staff paper. Example:   Dmi7 CMaj7/GMaj7 Emi9/Ami9 Emi9

Guitar players are lazy this way.

• This post was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by conan55.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.