Latin percussion

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Timmo_1
    Participant

Govii, I use the LP ToonTracks software quite a lot and I work mainly in an acoustic guitar oriented singer songwriter mode. The pieces I write are usually not Latin per se, but I just like the sound of congas (and other Latin Percussion instruments) with acoustic guitar.

Do you have a MIDI controller type keyboard? Often what I do is slow the metronome way down and punch in some beats in MIDI, then I drag that to the browser and look for similar beats. I do quite a lot of editing using both the offered tracks and stuff that I put in with my own MIDI keyboard.

I’ve found I really can’t create all of the subtle, quick, musical inflections that a skilled Latin Percussionist provides, so what seems to work best is slowing things down as much as possible when using MIDI and then looking for grooves that I can use in the browser. I’ve taken Udu lines, cymbal lines, etc from pre-packaged tracks and added them to my conga tracks and then used the prepackaged fills on some of the turn arounds.

Hope this might be helpful.

Timmo

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.