Just for fun > North Drums EZX

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

I’ve thought about it, but they sound pretty horrible in practice. Horrible not in a good funky/lo-fi way.
    I can only think of one or two instances where they were used on an album, even at the height of their popularity (the late 1970’s).

Dave Modisette
    Participant

I had to stand in front of one of those sets back in the day.  So… I don’t think so.

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

ea350
    Participant

Are they the same as the “Stacatto” drums back in the 70s ?

Windows 10 |3.4 I7 Ivy Bridge 16gb ddr3 | Studio One Producer | Focusrite Forte USB2 | Roland TD11 | EZDrummer 2 | EZmix 2 | EZkeys 2 | StudioOne Pro 4| Cubase 10 Pro

Whitten
    Participant

Not the very same.
    Similar design, similar sound and similar aim (loud).

ea350
    Participant

Ah !

Clattery racket ?

Windows 10 |3.4 I7 Ivy Bridge 16gb ddr3 | Studio One Producer | Focusrite Forte USB2 | Roland TD11 | EZDrummer 2 | EZmix 2 | EZkeys 2 | StudioOne Pro 4| Cubase 10 Pro

mikespike
    Participant

I thought they had their purpose. They directed the sound, which was decent….depending on what heads you put on them. I worked as a drumtech for a band in the 80’s… they used those oil filled heads. They were very easy to setup and mic up. Sure,.. onstage (or in a basement rehearsing) if you stand in the wrong place at the wrong time one hit could blast your eardrum… but in a controlled studio it was like that at all. They really only had two volume modes…soft and EXTREME!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.