Importing midi to EZ keys

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Yes, EZkeys can import any MIDI and will analyze the chords. Further – you can edit the chords analyzed by EZkeys by using the Chord Correction Tool.
    After this is done and you have the MIDI song blocks and the chords, you can enable “Use Browser MIDI” to try your chords with the play styles from the browser.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thomas Cantrell
    Participant

I haven’t tried the import function yet.

You can drag a midi block out of ezkeys into the daw but I wanted to drag what I worked on back into ezkeys.

Couldn’t do it, but I found I can just record it into ezkeys.

Henrik
    Participant

If you drag a MIDI file into EZkeys song track it will be imported, it works if you drag a MIDI file from your desktop for example. However – not all DAWs support drag and drop out from their MIDI tracks. In those cases it’s easiest to just record the MIDI into EZkeys – just as you have done 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

jtwaggs
    Participant

Hi. Could someone explain how to record MIDI into EZkeys? I am working with GarageBand. I cannot see how to do this. Thank you to anyone able to help.

-JTW

gearnerd
    Participant

Hit the record button inside ezkeys, put your garageband playhead in the right position and hit “play” in garageband, you’ll notice the midi information gets “recorded” inside of EZkeys. Make sure “follow host” is turned on inside ezkeys.

Thanked by: Lalo Salazar
    Lalo Salazar
    Participant

It only works with Garage band?? im using LUNA and i can`t record the midi, neither import the midi file. =(
    Could u help me please?

derry2
    Participant

Heeeelp Hi , I have just installed EZ KEYS. totally new to Toontrack. I have got Garageband open with song i want to transfer to EZ KEYS , I have EZKEYS open . I press record on EZ KEYS and then press play on song and then EZKEYS disappears off screen. What am i doing wrong. When replying can explain in simplest form as this is my second day trying to solve.Thanks

Derry

John

Hi Derry,

if you have the EZkeys Standalone app open at the same time as GarageBand, this is not how you do it. You can only press rec on the EZkeys Song Track and then play back MIDI from GarageBand to EZkeys if you have the EZkeys AU plug-in on the same track as the MIDI.
    I just tried it myself in GarageBand 10.4.8 on OS 12.6.5 and it works as expected.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.