How Many Midi Styles…

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • mrdrums
    Participant

Good question, I was thinking the same exact thing. I havent bought ez keys yet, but the demo version was very limiting.

I’m guessing that the midi will have some variations, but probably not going to work great, if you want a quality arrangement for your music.

Im not even impressed by the expansio packs for ez drummer, I think the original one is the best one as far as getting a good performance, there is enough variations, and the ability to alter midi can get almost everything you need.

Piano? I doubt it, I think it’s more for people who just want A piano in their mix, as opposed to THE piano part for their music.

I think Ez drummer orginal and ez mix are by far their best products, very good products.

devonbiker
    Participant

Having bought a number of Toontracks products over this Christmas period I can now say the midi packs for piano and drums are pathetic. Don’t get me wrong, I think Toontracks have a good product the problem is, they are very limited. When I bought Country Piano midi pack for example I was expecting a vast array of piano styles within the country genre – not so. Looks like they’ve recorded 1x song per category and chopped it up to create the variations. So taking Country as an example. they could have recorded one song, chopped it up for the “Straight 2/4” categories and variations. Another song or perhaps the same song played with a swing for the “Swing 3/4” and so on. The playing styles are not that interesting. There are a couple nice piano styles that are nice but you have to hunt for them all through your midi packs to put an interesting piano piece together if you don’t want it to sound like midi is being played. So nice product just very dishonest advertising imo because they make it sound like you will have plenty to play with and you don’t really and you have to keep shelling out for more midi packs so you can create interesting varied pianos or drums. The fact that there are no drum outros or endings is beyond belief! My advise is buy with caution and buy it cheaper on ebay – some do email transfers of a licence which you then register with Toontracks and download from their website. Buying full price from Toontracks would make their products a rip off I think.

Country

Gospel

Pop/Rock

Ballads

I'm Full Of Questions

mrdrums
    Participant

For me, it would come down to how much can be changed/edited in midi. in the demo i couldnt get into midi and see how much I could play with it.

Without editibility it’s just band in a box, and only one instrument, for a hefty price.

From what I understand, even the demos used to showcase ezkeys were played by a piano player, using his own creativity and chops, not showcasing what
    the piano would play if left on it’s on

A real piano player doesnt need this, so Im not sure why the demo would showcase what a real piano player can do, I want to hear songs that were using exactly the
    parts you hear in the demo, that way you could hear the benefit

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.