"File could not be opened. Permission Denied" on Mac.

Product Manager
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olof

If you select “Open Error Log” from the Help menu, it probably says the path of the file that can’t be opened/created.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Aspen_1
    Participant

You are not the only one, it just did it on all my SD3 this morning, no way to make it work, waiting and waiting for support…. Let me know Kyle if you got an answer or way to fix that as i spent 5 hours today and i give up.

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    Olof

Check your download location in Preferences. Are you able to create to create folders in that location? Probably not – that’s the issue.

Coder

Aspen_1
    Participant

nothing can be done, look at the pic, all the windows in red prevent you to do anything.

Olof

Select “Open Download Folder” from the File menu. If it opens in Finder, test to create a folder there.

Coder

Aspen_1
    Participant

that’s what i did many times today, and this is what happens. check the pics.

Olof

These pictures show that you tried to tell PM where the sound library has already been installed or where it has been moved to after installation. So, do you have the library installed somewhere? Or do you want to download the library?

Coder

Thanked by: Aspen_1
    Aspen_1
    Participant
    • got an answer from support but what they say is what i did today, what is weird is that i tried many time to click the reset button from preference and it did nothing, as showed on the previous emails, all windows were red and blocked me from doing anything. After i got the support email which did not really help i went back to preference and i clicked on reset and by a “miracle” the red windows disappeared and started to download… maybe support did something maybe they did not. so as we all know it is going to take about 2 days to get the download, at least if it works then that’s fine. Thanks for following on that.

Thanked by: Daniel .Ayllon
    det6489
    Participant

This fixed my problem too. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.