Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

EZX/Toontrack backorder question

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

I guess you’d need to contact Musician’s Friend to find out their ‘backorder’ policy and if you can just receive the serial number as you already have the discs.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

eeglug
    Participant

I did try talking to them but they seem to be under the notion that the license is tied to the physical disc (eg. if they gave me a license key it wouldn’t work with my discs). Now, it is possible that they simply do not have standalone license keys sitting around and that they are in fact part of the physical package they stock.

I remember that when I bought the Funkmasters EZX from Guitar Center I thought it was a cool idea that I had install discs for everything. It’s a great marketing tool to have all the products at my disposal and all I need is to buy a license key if I’m itching for an expansion. So it’s a shame that Toontrack is not capitalizing on this and selling the license keys separately. Why else would all the discs be given to me when I’m buying a single EZX?

The same thing happened when I bought Superior Drummer – I got another set of discs.

Anyways, the wait is not that long so it’s not a big deal.

Scott

So it’s a shame that Toontrack is not capitalizing on this and selling the license keys separately. Why else would all the discs be given to me when I’m buying a single EZX?

Well, you can buy ‘download’ versions of EZdrummer products from some retailers. I don’t know which EZXs you purchased but I did check the Musician’s Friends website and they, too, sell ‘download’ versions of EZD and EZXs.

For example:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toontrack-Vintage-Rock-EZX-Download?sku=H70037

My guess is that if you purchase the ‘box’ version, the SKU is tied to that box/serial number and they can’t give a ‘download’ serial number if you purchased the ‘box’ version.

That’s purely guess work on my part as I don’t work for Musician’s Friends or know their policy.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

eeglug
    Participant

I guess the download versions aren’t the ones on sale this month (March). Anyway, thanks for your input…it’s not that long of a wait for the backorder.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.