EZKeys Request…..Hammond B3???

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Jay Coover
    Participant

I’d like to see a B3 as well, but I think that may come later if at all, for these reasons:

1. The existing MIDI is more likely to work with an electric piano like a Rhodes or a Wurlitzer than with a B3. Organ playing style is another step removed from traditional piano. I’d expect to see a Rhodes or a Wurly before a B3.
    2. Emulating a B3 is much more complex than emulating a piano or electric piano. Many more variables, though I’m sure TT are up to the task.

This is just my guess and may ultimately bear very little resemblance to reality.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Tom
    Participant

I too wish for a B3 more than anything else here. But I guess you are right about them not doing it soon.

In the meantime they could at least give us a midi out so that I could use EZK to drive the organs and other stuff I already have. But unfortunately I too have to guess they wont do that because some of us then migh prefer other instruments than the ones Toontrack provide.

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: fizbin

I’d like to see a B3 as well, but I think that may come later if at all, for these reasons:

1. The existing MIDI is more likely to work with an electric piano like a Rhodes or a Wurlitzer than with a B3. Organ playing style is another step removed from traditional piano. I’d expect to see a Rhodes or a Wurly before a B3.
    2. Emulating a B3 is much more complex than emulating a piano or electric piano. Many more variables, though I’m sure TT are up to the task.

This is just my guess and may ultimately bear very little resemblance to reality.

I’m like…psychic, right?

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Scott

ORIGINAL: fizbin
    I’m like…psychic, right?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day…

You did say ‘a Rhodes or a Wurly before a B3’. Not ‘a Rhodes AND a Wurly’…

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rogue

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

ea350
    Participant

Fizbin, please predict this weeks lottery numbers

Windows 10 |3.4 I7 Ivy Bridge 16gb ddr3 | Studio One Producer | Focusrite Forte USB2 | Roland TD11 | EZDrummer 2 | EZmix 2 | EZkeys 2 | StudioOne Pro 4| Cubase 10 Pro

Tom
    Participant

Now the next thing simply has to be a B3. I can’t imagine they will sample a harpsicord or some other ridiculous keyboard instrument.

Alternatively give me a midi output from EZKeys to drive any synth/sampler. Yes, that would bypass the compulsary Toontrack instruments and then we might not buy the Rhodes from them etc. So it will never happen. I could, of course, just use the chord track in Cubase or Rapidcomposer, but none of these does such a good job of interpreting and transposing midi tracks as EZKeys does.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Alternatively give me a midi output from EZKeys to drive any synth/sampler.

Didn’t we just release that?

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Tom
    Participant

You did? I will be downstairs to check that out as soon as the wife has gone to sleep…

Scott

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=133805

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tom
    Participant

Thank you very much. I just tried it out with a couple of Kontakt instruments, and it works just fine.

Now EZKeys has become what I thought was when I bought the very first release. After the updates it can now remember the chords you entered for your song, and it can drive any instrument through midi. Excellent.

In fact I only have one minor feature request left. That concerns the circle of 5th wheel. It often covers the next chord when you want to enter chords for several bars. So you have to close down the wheel, then choose the next chord. It would be a lot faster entering chords if the wheel had handles and could be moved along the bars.

… I will still buy your B3 once you get around to producing it, even though I can now play the NI organ stuff to great satisfaction.

srhickman
    Participant

My request is for the next product to be “EZFrets”. I’m a pretty good keyboard player and don’t really need EZKeys. I love the concept and the execution though. Now I just need the same thing only for acoustic and electric guitars. I own quite a few guitar libraries and they sound pretty good. However, it takes quite a while to create a convincing guitar part. What I need is MIDI of different styles and licks in order to make a guitar part happen quickly and professionally. EZKeys has given the non-keyboardist access to great keyboard sounds and MIDI. Now keyboardist like myself need a solution for guitar parts.

Thanks for listening!

Steve Hickman

Juicy
    Participant

Apart from the real thing the most convincing Gtr is when they use real sampled licks and phrases, there are all sorts of subtle yet important nuance that scripting can only hope to replicate part of. EZK at this point does not have any scripting like Kontakt.
    Steinberg virtual Gtr does it(with no Scripting) but it is all pre recorded audio in every key and time stamped for locking it to different tempos and you are really just telling it what chord to play.Sure TT could take that and run with it but that is not the same EZK way of working with samples across the Keyboard and simply midifiles.

Love to hear TT comment on this i know they do not comment on future releases but this is more can it be done not will it be done,
    so perhaps they could clear this .

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Well, what can I say? You are right Juicy. Gtr is much harder than Piano.
    Even organ is harder than piano. Piano is probably about the simplest
    thing you can do with a sampler and MIDI.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: tombuur

Now the next thing simply has to be a B3. I can’t imagine they will sample a harpsicord or some other ridiculous keyboard instrument.

Alternatively give me a midi output from EZKeys to drive any synth/sampler. Yes, that would bypass the compulsary Toontrack instruments and then we might not buy the Rhodes from them etc. So it will never happen. I could, of course, just use the chord track in Cubase or Rapidcomposer, but none of these does such a good job of interpreting and transposing midi tracks as EZKeys does.

Hmmm…with the recent releaese of the funk MIDI, I’m longing for a Hohner Clavinet. Might work with a B3 as well.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.