Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

ezkeys midi

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Yes, but EZkeys can output MIDI so you don’t have to wait until you drag the MIDI to
    your host to hear what it sounds like with your other instrument.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Triskal
    Participant

Is MIDI output disabled in current demo version, then? There is no indication of that and it isn’t listed along the other demo limitations in the demo nag screen.

Olof

Yes, it is disabled in the demo.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Tim Bainbridge
    Participant

Sadly it seems that you have to do a midi out, you can’t take the midi from one track to another, just think about this before purchase as I try and put it on another track and there is no “midi note off” events recorded by EZYkeys, so on your new instrument track all of the notes will keep ringing and build on each other. I have searched the internet for a solution but can’t find any.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Olle said:

Yes, but EZkeys can output MIDI so you don’t have to wait until you drag the MIDI to

@OloH said:

Yes, it is disabled in the demo.

I have bought EZKeys, 3 of the Sound Libraries and ALL of the EZKeys MIDI packs to date.
    I just now have dragged MIDI from the EZKeys timeline into 2 instruments tracks in Logic Pro X;
    one track is running the EZKeys Upright Piano while the 2nd instrument track is running a B3 organ from Logic’s instrument library.

I can confirm that with the full version, Logic plays the MIDI accurately and notes do not keep ringing out as you describe.

Florian Macheck
    Participant

@Olle said:

Can EZkeys output MIDI in realtime to your DAW? So one can preview on a VSTi synth for example while building, not after having exported the MIDI data to a MIDI track in the DAW? That would be awesome, it would take a lot of guesswork out of the process. So, does the EZkeys playback appear on a MIDI Out of the Sequencer (in my case Cubase) at all times?
    Best,
    Flo

Henrik
    Participant

Can EZkeys output MIDI in realtime to your DAW? So one can preview on a VSTi synth for example while building, not after having exported the MIDI data to a MIDI track in the DAW?

Yes Smile

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

RIDDUM
    Participant

Hello, I’ve seen you write to a few people, that EZ Keys can MIDI Out directly from the Instrument, rather than having to visibly drag the file, created track in the EZ Keys song mode on to a free track, using, say Logic Pro X.  Could you inform me how to set the MIDI out from the EZ Keys, further how to set up Logic Pro X?  thank you for reading.

Roger

• This post was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by RIDDUM.
    John

Hi,

you set this up in the Click & Ports view of the Environments window.

Please check out the attached Logic Project.
    Test-EZKeys-MIDI-Out_2.logicx

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Sash Us
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.