Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“EZkeys 2 is required to read and reply to this thread”… Why?

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Martin
    Participant

Because they do not want potential customers to read about all the issues users are posting about.

Steve
    Participant

Martin, I have to say, that was my first thought.

I can’t, for the life of me, think of another reason why Toontrack wouldn’t want potential purchasers checking out the “Help” forum. As I said before, there’s far more useful info there.

It’s a given that there are users of any product that will have issues with it – that wouldn’t put me off purchasing a product. However, what does put me off purchasing, is the feeling that a company is deliberately trying to hide something.

Scott

Are “cracked” plugins still a thing?

Maybe the restriction is so that someone that is using a “cracked” version of a Toontrack plugin can’t go the “Support” forum and get support for their cracked plugin and waste support’s time.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Robert Garcia
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

I’ve no idea if “cracked” plugins are still a thing. I guess that no matter how sophisticated copy protection systems get, there will always be those that try to circumvent those systems.

However, I’m a musician and hobbyist photographer, and use many associated forums. I don’t know of another s/w company that prohibits the general public from reading their help forums. Official Pro Tools,  Cubase, and Adobe forums are available for all to read.

Thanked by: Scott
    Brad
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

I’ve no idea if “cracked” plugins are still a thing. I guess that no matter how sophisticated copy protection systems get, there will always be those that try to circumvent those systems.

However, I’m a musician and hobbyist photographer, and use many associated forums. I don’t know of another s/w company that prohibits the general public from reading their help forums. Official Pro Tools,  Cubase, and Adobe forums are available for all to read.

Did you have specific questions you wanted answered?

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Steve
    Participant

Brad,

The question is in the thread title.

Brad
    Participant

Brad,

The question is in the thread title.

Steve,

Do you have specific product related questions about EZKeys 2 or the original EZKeys?

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Robert Garcia
    Participant

Hi Steve ;

All I can say as a user of EZK1 for 8 years and I’ve had EZK2 since day 1 . I had 1 issues with ED3 trial and they got back to me in 3 hours and it was user error my fault . I only joined the forums to tell the guys who built EZ2 how much I was enjoying their new software . About day 3 I noticed a very random bug and reported it . In a very short time  they said they couldn’t reproduce the bug , could I send them the file with the bug . I did and within hours they told me they had fixed it and it would be in EZK2.1 and thanks . I have rarely if ever seen a team like these guys while reading this forum . And I repeat to you Steve this is my favorite Midi tool , music creation  , songwriting gizmo ever .

EZDrummer 2 EZKeys 2
    Win 11 ; AMD 5800x (8-cores)
    64 gig ram ; RTX 3080 ;
    Studio One 6 artist ; Protools 11.3 ; LogicX
    Taylor 416 c , Fender Elite Jazz Bass

Steve Johnston
    Participant

Hey folks,

What is the difference between EZK1 expansions and EZK 2 expansions besides the price? As a long-time customer I have a sizeable investment in the former expansions. I am having trouble finding a “chart” or any other device that compares the two. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Steve

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.